Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Amar Bolite Prabhu
Official Name: Atma-Nivedana Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
`āmāra’ bolite prabhu! āre kichu nāi
tumi-i āmāra mātra pitā-bandhu-bhāi
bandhu, dārā, suta, sutā—tava dāsī dās
sei to’ sambandhe sabe āmāra prayās
dhana, jana, gṛha, dāra `tomāra’ boliyā
rakhā kori āmi mātro sevaka hoiyā
tomāra kāryera tore uparjibo dhan
tomāra saḿsāre-vyaya koribo vahan
bhālo-manda nāhi jāni sevā mātro kori
tomāra saḿsāre āmi viṣaya-praharī
tomāra icchāya mora indriya-cālanā
śravana, darśana, ghrāna, bhojana-vāsanā
nija-sukha lāgi’ kichu nāhi kori ār
bhakativinoda bole, tava sukha-sār
1) Nothing remains “mine”. Father, friend, brother — You are even these to me.
2) Those whom I called friends, wife, sons, and daughters are all Your servants and maidservants. Whatever care I take for them is only as it relates to You.
3) If I continue to maintain my wealth, family members, home, and wife, it is because they are Yours. I am a mere servant.
4) For Your service I will earn money and bear the expense of Your household.
5) I know neither good nor bad. I merely serve. I am but a watchman who guards the properties in Your household.
6) The exercising of my senses — hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching — is done according to Your desire.
7) I no longer do anything for my own pleasure. Bhaktivinoda says, “Your happiness is the essence of everything”.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 6, 2017