Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Apurva Vaisnava Tattva
Official Name: Upalabdhi: Sambandha-Abhideya-Prayojana-Vijnana Song 2
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
apurva vaisnava-tattva! atmar ananda-
prasravana! nahi ja'ra tulana samsare
sva-dharma boliya ja'r ache paricoy
e jagate! e tattver suno vivarana
parabrahma sanatana ananda-svarupa,
nitya-kal rasa-rupa, raser adhar
paratpar, advitiya, ananta, apar!
tathapi svarupa-tattva, sakti saktimana;
tarka ki se tattva kabhu sparsibare pare?
rasa-tattva sugambhira! samadhi-asraye
upalabdha! aha mari, samadhi ki dhana!
samadhistha ho'ye dekho, susthira antare,
he sadhaka! rasa-tattva akhanda ananda;
kintu tahe asvadaka-asvadya-bidhana,
asvadaka krsna-rupa, --- asvadya radhika,
dvaitananda! parananda-pitha brndabana!
prakrta jagate ja'r prakasa-bisesa,
jogamaya prakasita; tanhar asraye
labhiche sadhaka-brnda nitya prema-tattva ---
adarsa, jahar nama baikuntha-kalyan
jadi caha nityananda pravaha sevite
abirata, guru-padasraya koro' jiba
nirasa bhajana samudaya parihari
brahma-cinta adi jata, sada sadha' rati,
kusumita brndabane sri-rasa-mandale
purusatava-ahankara nitanta durbala
taba! tumi suddha jiba! asvadya svajana,
sri-radhikar nitya sakhi! parananda-rasa
anubhavi'! maya-bhoga tomar patana!!
1) Oh most powerful essential truth of the Vaisnava! Oh gushing fountain of the bliss of the self! A similar truth to whose there is no equal within this material world!
2) On account of its own nature and characteristics it is famous in this world! Please hear the description of the essence of this truth.
3) The Parabrahman is the original eternal form of bliss, as well as a deep reservoir of all transcendental mellows.
4-5) How can any ordinary argument ever be able to touch this truth? The truth of such transcendental mellows is extremely deep and grave! It is attained only under the shelter of samadhi! Ah, such a wonderful treasure is samadhi!
6) Oh aspiring devotee! Just see the characteristics of samadhi with an unagitated and peaceful mind. The truth of mellows is complete, absolutely undivided supreme bliss. However, within that, the dealings between the taster of mellows and that which is tasted have an eternal principle that is inseparable.
7) The Supreme Lord is one without a second, and in His original form of Lord Krsna He is the taster of transcendental mellows, and His object to be tasted is Sri Radhika. Oh, the joy of the meeting of the Supreme subject and object! And their transcendentally blissful meeting place is Sri Vrndavana.
8) The special manifestation of Sri Vrndavana within the material universe is revealed directly by Yogamaya. Those aspiring devotees who take the refuge of This Vrndavana attain the eternal truth of ecstatic love. Indeed, the very name of this model of Vrndavana here on the earth's surface is all-auspicious even within the realm of Vaikuntha!
9) If the living entity ever wants to continuously render service to the flowing current of eternal bliss, he takes shelter of the feet of a bona fide spiritual master.
10) Then he rejects all types of dry, sapless worship which is devoid of appreciation for higher sentiments; he reflects deeply on the nature of the Absolute, and always arduously endeavors with taste to lovingly worship the circle of the divine rasa dance in Vrndavana (the rasa-mandala).
11) My friend, your false egoistic conception of being a male is extremely feeble, for you are actually pure spirit soul! And your real family comprises the beloved objects which are tasted by Krsna, namely the eternal maidservants of Sri Radhika! Just realize the mellows of such transcendental ecstasy! The enjoyment of maya is your downfall!!
This song is originally composed as on single paragraph of prose-type lines. But it is not poetry, and not really prose either. Anyway, it has been broken up into smaller sections according to the flow of ideas to facilitate easier systematic translation and reading.
UPDATED: June 25, 2009