Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bahu Janma Bhagya Base
Official Name: Rupanuga Bhajana Darpana Songs 1 (Invocation) and 2
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
śrī-guru śrī-gauracandra vṛndābane juba-dwandwa
vandiyā praphulla mane e bhaktivinoda bhaṇe
bahu-janma-bhāgya-baśe cinmoya madhura rase
spṛhā janme jībera hiyāya
sei spṛhā lobha hoya braja-dhāme jība loya
bhajana-prakāra jata sakalera sāra mata
śikhāilo śrī-rūpa gosāņi
se bhajana nā jāniyā kṛṣṇa bhajibāre giyā
tuccha kāje jībana kāṭāi
bujhibāre se bhajana bahu jatna akiņcana
braje rādhā-kṛṣṇa-sebā korite utsuka jebā
sukhe teńha koruṇa śrabaṇa
lobhete janama pāi ati śīghra bāḍi' jāi
śraddhā rati tabe hoya prīti
sahaja bhajana rati nāhi cāya śikhā-mati
tabu śikhā prathamika-rīti
putra-sneha jananīra sahaja hṛdoye sthira
dūṣita hṛdoye śikhā cāi
kṛṣṇa-prema sei rūpa nitya-siddha aparūpa
baddha-jībe aprakaṭa bhāi
sei to' sahaja rati pāiyāche apagati
śikhānuśīlana jadi pāya
se rati jāgiyā uṭhe jībera bandhana chuṭe
brajānanda tāhāre nācāya
1) Glorifying the lotus feet of Sri Guru, Sri Gauracandra, the Youthful Couple of Vrndavan as well as of all the residents of Vraja, with a cheerful mind this Bhaktivinoda will now narrate the description of the mirror which reflects the worship of those who strictly follow in the footsteps of Srila Rupa Gosvami.
1) By the influence of extremely good fortune accrued for many, many births, the desire awakens within the heart of a fortunate soul to taste the sweetness of eternal transcendental mellows. Then, a strong inclination toward such a desire forcibly brings that soul to Sri Vrndavana-dhama, where he becomes absorbed in the worship of Lord Krsna which strictly follows the process outlined by Srila Rupa Gosvami.
2) Srila Rupa Gosvami has so kindly given us his valuable opinion and taught the essential techniques for properly worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Whoever tries to worship Krsna without being aware of these methods will simply waste his entire life in useless labor.
3) Just for the sake of those who really want to understand this worship, I have taken great care to humbly present this mirror of bhajana, although I am insignificant. If any of you are actually serious and enthusiastic to render eternal service to Sri Sri Radha-Krsna in the transcendental realm of Vraja, then I request you now to please hear this narration with great happiness.
4) If one has intense greed and selfish eagerness for this process, presented herein, then gradually his faith, then taste, and then full attachment in love will all increase very, very quickly. One who has attained this platform of worship in his own natural love and attachment has no need at all to bother with scriptural rules and regulations, although in the primary, beginning stage such practices are mandatory.
5) Brothers, it is just like the affection of a mother for her son, which is naturally fixed in her heart. She is inclined to care for her son by instinct. But if someone else cares for the same child, they may not be as attentive as the mother, so they might sometimes need to be reminded of their duty. So love for Krsna is just like that. It is natural and wonderful for the nitya-siddha souls, whereas it is completely unmanifested and beyond the range of the nitya-baddha souls who are outside the purview of devotion.
6) However, if one cultivates these spiritual instructions, then the flow of his natural attachment and affection for the Lord is released. And when this attachment reawakens and grows, then all the material bondage which entraps the soul becomes severed, and this natural spiritual attachment will make him dance in the transcendental ecstastic bliss of Vraja consciousness.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This is originally the starting invocation verse for the Fourth Chapter of the Gitamala, which including the full song, has 29 subsequent songs.
UPDATED: June 24, 2009