Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bhavarnave Pade Mor
Official Name: Ucchvasa Prarthana Dainyamayi Song 3
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
bhavarnave pa'de mor akula paran
kise kula pa'bo, ta'r na pai sandhan
na ache karama-bala, nahi jnana-bala
-- na ache
nit nta durbala ami, na jani santar
e bipade ke amare koribe uddhar
bisaya-kubhira tahe bhisana-darsana
kamer taranga sada kore' uttejana
prattana-vayur vega sahite na pari
kandiya asthira mana, na dekhi kandari
ogo sri jahnava devi! e dase koruna
koro' aji nija-gune, ghucao jantrana
tomar carana-tari koriya asroy
bhavarnava par ha'ba korechi niscoy
tumi nityananda-sakti krsna-bhakti-guru
e dase koroho dana pada-kalpa-taru
tomar carane aj e kangal char
1) Having fallen into this vast ocean of material existence, my heart has become extremely worried. I cannot even find a clue of the means to get some help.
2) I have no strength from fruitive activities or speculative knowledge. Nor do I have any help from virtues created by sacrifices, yoga practice or austerities.
3) I am extremely feeble, and I don't know how to swim. Who will rescue me from this dreadful calamity?
4) I see the horrible alligator of sense gratification present before me, the waves of lust are constantly agitating and provoking me.
5) I can no longer cope with all the urges that are pushing me like a raging wind from my previous births. I simply weep with an agitated mind, for I do not see any rescuer in sight.
6) Oh most revered Jahnava Devi! Please show mercy to this servant today by virtue of your own good qualities, and kindly relieve all of his afflictions.
7) By taking the shelter of the boat of Your lotus feet I will certainly be able to cross over this vast ocean of material existence.
8) You are the very pleasure potency of Lord Nityananda, and you are the spiritual master of devotion to Lord Krsna. Kindly bestow upon this servant the wish-fulfilling desire tree of your lotus feet.
9) Thus this most wretched and shameful rogue begs at your feet today, for he sees that you are delivering many other sinners.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 25, 2009