Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Dara Putra Nijo Deho
Official Name: Goptritve Varana Song 2
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
sarvadā vyākula āmi chinu mane mane
kemone arjibo artha, yaśa kise pābo
kanyā-putra-vivāha kemone sampādibo
ebe ātma-samarpane cintā nāhi ār
tumi nirvāhibe prabhu, saḿsāra tomār
tumi to’ pālibe more nija-dāsa jāni’
tomāra sevāya prabhu boḍo sukha māni
tomāra icchaya prabhu sab kārya hoy
jīva bole,—`kori āmi’, se to’ satya noy
jīva ki korite pare, tumi nā korile?
āśā-mātra jīva kore, tava icchā-phale
niścinta hoiyā āmi sevibo tomāy
gṛhe bhālo-manda ho’le nāhi mora dāy
bhakativinoda nija-swātantrya tyajiyā
tomāra caraṇa seve’ akińcana hoiyā
1) Within my heart I have always been anxious for the maintenance of my wife and children, my own body and relatives.
2) How will I earn money? How will I obtain fame? How will I arrange the marriages of my sons and daughter?
3) Now, through self-surrender, I have been purged of all anxiety. O Lord, surely You will provide for the maintenance of Your household.
4) Surely You will preserve me, knowing me to be Your own servant. O Lord, in Your devotional service I feel great happiness.
5) All events take place by Your will, O Lord. The deluded soul of this world declares, “I am the doer,” but this is pure folly.
6) If You do not act first, then what is a tiny soul actually able to do? By Your will he can only desire to act, and unless You fulfill his desire, he cannot do anything.
7) I will serve You free from all anxiety, and at home, if any good or evil should occur, it will not be my responsibility.
8) Bhaktivinoda thus gives up his independence and engages in the exclusive service of Your lotus feet with no other interest in life.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 6, 2017