Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gauranga Bolite Habe
Official Name: Lalasmayi Prarthana Song 1
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Prarthana
'gaurāńga' bolite habe pulaka-śarīra
'hari hari' bolite nayane ba' be nīra
āra kabe nitāi-cānder koruṇā hoibe
saḿsāra-bāsanā mora kabe tuccha ha'be
viṣaya chāriyā kabe śuddha ha 'be mana
kabe hāma herabo śrī-bṛndābana
rūpa-raghunātha-pade hoibe ākuti
kabe hāma bujhabo se jugala-pīriti
rūpa-raghunātha-pade rahu mora āśa
prārthanā koroye sadā narottama-dāsa
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Gauranga Bolite Habe Pulaka Sarira
1) When will that opportune moment come to us, when there will be shivering of the body as soon as we chant Lord Gauranga's name? While chanting Hare Krsna, when will there be tears in the eyes?
2) When will I obtain the mercy of Lord Nityananda-candra? When, by His mercy will the desire for material enjoyment become very insignificant?
3) When the mind is completely purified, being freed from material anxieties and desires, then I shall be able to understand Vrndavana and the conjugal love of Radha and Krsna, and then my spiritual life will be successful.
4) When shall I be very much eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvami's, headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami? By their instruction I shall be able to properly understand the loving affairs of Radha and Krsna.
5) My only aspiration is to attain the lotus feet of the Six Gosvamis headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. Narottama dasa constantly prays to attain their lotus feet.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This is the first song in Narottama Das Thakura’s book “Prarthana.”
UPDATED: October 10, 2017