Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Janama Saphala Tara
Official Name: Ucchvasa: Ucchvasa Kirtana Rupa Kirtana Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
janama saphala tā’ra, kṛṣṇa-daraśana yā’ra
bhāgye hoiyāche eka-bāra
bikaśiyā hrin-nayana kari’ kṛṣṇa daraśana
chāḍe jīva citter bikāra
vṛndavana-keli catur vanamālī
tribhańga-bhańgimārūpa vaḿśī-dharī aparūpa
rasamaya nidhi, guṇa-śālī
varṇa nava jaladhara śire śikhi piccha vara
alakā tilaka śobhāpāya
paridhāne pīta-vāsa vadane madhūra hāsa
hena rūpa jagat mātāya
indranīla jini kṛṣṇa-rūpakhāni
mana ucāṭana na cale caraṇa
saḿsāra gelāma bhūle
(sakhī he) sudhāmaya se rūpa-mādhurī
dekhile nayana, haya acetana,
kibā cūḍā śire kibā vaḿśī kare
kibā se tribhańga-ṭhāma
caraṇa-kamale, amiyā uchale,
tāhāte nūpura dāma
sadā āśā kari bhṛńga-rūpa dhari
caraṇa kamale sthāna
anāyāse pāi kṛṣṇa-guṇa gāi
āra nā bhajiba āna
1) His birth is successful whose good fortune dawns so as to have the vision of Lord Krsna just once. When the jiva gives up all delusions of mind, then only he will see the vision of Krsna blooming within the eyes of his heart.
2) He sees Krsna there fully decorated with garlands of forest flowers as the most expert connoisseur of all the amorous love-sports in Vrndavana. His transcendental playing wonderfully on His flute, mellows and is the abode of all form bent in three different places, He is the reservoir of all relishable virtuous qualities.
3) By such a beautiful form He is maddening the entire universe. His complexion is like that of a fresh new rain cloud, His head is decorated with a big peacock feather, and His sandalwood tilaka on His forehead is most becoming. Wearing brilliant yellow-colored garments, He stands with His face decorated by a wide, sweet smile.
4) Beholding Him standing thusly at the edge of a kadamba grove, I can see that Krsna's beauty is conquering the luster of an entire mine of sapphires. Seeing this, my mind has become so restless that my feet will move no longer, and I've completely forgotten about my family and home life in this world.
5) Oh sakhi, oh dear girlfriend! Seeing that sweet form abounding in nectar, I have fallen unconscious as a fountain of tears borne of ecstatic love cascades from my eyes.
6) What a wonderful crown upon His head! What a wonderful flute He is holding in His hand! What a wonderfully beautiful form as He stands in His three-fold bending posture! The nectar of His lotus feet is overflowing with the tinkling sound coming from the clusters of anklebells which are decorating them.
7) Accepting the form of a honeybee, I always hope for a residence near His lotus feet. And I will get it very easily because I always sing the glories of Krsna, adoring no one else.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 27, 2009