Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jaya Narasimha Sri Narasimha
Official Name: Narasimha Sahasra Nama Stotram
Book Name: Brahmanda Purana
om nrsimha namah
om mahasimha namah
om divyasimha namah
om malabala namah
om ugrasimha namah
om mahadeva namah
jaya narasimha sri narasimha jaya jaya narasimhadeva
praladesa jaya padma mukha padma bhrnga
narasimho mahasimho divyasimho mahabalah
ugrasimho mahadevah stamba-jas cogra-locanah
raudra sarvadbhutah sriman yoganandas trivikramah
harih kolahalas cakri vijayo jaya-vardhanah
pancananah param-brahma caghora ghora-vikramah
jvalan-mukho jvalamali mahajvalas mahaprabhuh
nitilaksah sahasrakso durniriksyah pratapanah
mahadamstra yudhah-prajnas canda-kopi sadasivah
guna-bhadro mahabhadro bala-bhadrah subhadrakah
karalo vikaralas ca vikarta sarva-kartrkah
sisumaras trilokatma isah sarvesvaro vibhuh
bhairavadambaro divyas cacyutah kavi madhavah
adhoksajo'ksarah sarve vanamali vara-pradah
visvambaro'dbhuto bhavyah sri-visnuh purusottamah
anaghastra nakhastra ca suryo-jyotih suresvarah
sahasra-bahuh sarvajnah sarva-siddhi-pradayakah
vajra-damstro vajra-nakho mahanandah param-tapah
sarva-mantraika-rupas ca sarva-yantra-vidaramah
sarva-tantratmakavyakta suvyakta bhakta vatsalah
udara-kirtih punyatma mahatma candra-vikramah
vedatrayo prapujyas ca bhagavan paramesvarah
srivatsamka srinivaso jagad-vyapi jagan-mayah
jagat-palo jagannatha mahakhago dvi-rupa-bhrt
paramatma param-jyotir nirgunas ca nrkesarih
para-tattvam param-dhama sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah
laksmi-nrsimha sarvatma dhirah prahlada-palakah
idam laksmi-nrsimhasya namastottarami satam
tri-sandhyam yah pathed bhaktya sarva bhistamavapnuyat
Refrain: Glories to Lord Nrsimha, Sri Nrsimha, All Glories to Lord Nrsimhadeva. The Lord of Prahlada, like a honeybee, is always engaged in beholding the lotuslike face of the goddess of fortune.
1) Glories to the half-man half-lion, the great lion, the divine lion, the greatly powerful, the terrifying lion, the lord of lords, the lord appeared from the pillar with terrifying eyes.
2) Glories to the Lord who is angry, wonderful in everyway, beautiful, source of yogic bliss, Vamana (three great steps), takes our troubles away, roaring (Varahadeva), who carries the disk, always victorious, and increasing glories.
3) Glories to the five-headed Lord, Supreme Absolute Truth, not horrible, terrifying activities, effulgent face, with effulgent garland, most effulgent, Supreme Master (not different than Lord Caitanya).
4) Sri Nrsimhadeva possesses all good (moral) qualities, is thousand-eyes, difficult to see (difficult to look at), oppresses His enemies with great heat, great teeth, intelligent in battle (ready to fight), angry moon, and is all auspicious.
5) He destroys Hiranyakasipu, destroys masses of demon and giants, wonderful qualities (gentleman!), very auspicious, auspiciously powerful, extremely auspicious.
6) Oh one with wide open mouth, with very wide open mouth, who performs wonderful activities, who performs ALL activities, Matsya, Soul of the three worlds, controller, supreme controller, and the best.
7) He causes terror by roaring in the sky, divine, infallible, intelligent (poet), husband of Laksmi, beyond understanding (or explaining), infallible, everything
8) He wears garland of forest flowers, grants boons, maintains the universe, wonderful, determines the future, He is the future, all pervading, Supreme Enjoyer, never wounded by weapons, with nails for weapons, source of Suns rays, and Lord of devatas
9) Thousand-armed all-knowing, awards all perfections, lightning-like teeth, lightning like nails, source of supreme bliss, source of all energy (heat).
10) Although one, he appears as the many mantras, He destroys all machines (demoniac arrangements), the essence of all tantras, unmanifest, wonderfully manifest, kind to His devotee
11) He appeared during waxing moon of Visakha, kind to those surrendered to Him, universally famous, essence of piety, great personality, moonlike performer of great deeds
12) He is the three Vedas, supreme worshipable, Supreme Personality of Godhead, Supreme Controller, marked with sign of Laksmi, pervades the entire universe, makes the material world seem real
13) Protector of the universe, Lord of Universe, moves in the air, has double form (man-lion), Supersoul, source of Brahma, transcendental qualities (not part of material nature), man-lion
14) Supreme Absolute Truth, Supreme Abode, Form of eternal knowledge and bliss, Man-Lion Form together with Laksmi-devi, universal soul, sober (never bewildered), protector of Prahlada Maharaja.
15) Thus conclude the versified prayer of the one-hundred eight names of Sri Sri Laksmi Nrsimhadeva. It is recommended that devotees chant this three times a day.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song was recorded sometime in mid to late 1970s to early/mid 1980s. This song was from the Golden Avatara tape “Nrsimha bhajans” which were a collection of Nrsimha prayer (“namaste narasimhaya”) from all over the world. However, there was a nice recording of this song. It was definitely worth noting here.
The rendering of this song is in Raga Bhimphalasi in Visva Vandita Tala.
UPDATED: June 27, 2009