Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jnani Jnana Yoge Koriya Jatane
Official Name: Sri Namastaka Song 4
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
jñānī jñāna-yoge, koriyā jatane,
brahmera sākṣāt kore
brahma-sākṣātkār, aprarābdha karma,
sampūrna jñānete hare
tabu to’ prārabdha, nāhi hoy kṣoy,
phala-bhoga binā kabhu
brahma-bhūta jīva, phala-bhoga lāgi’,
kintu ohe nāma, tava sphūrti ha’le,
ekāntī janera āro
prārabdhāprārabdha, kichu nāhi thāke,
vede gāya bāro bāro
tomāra udaye, jīvera hṛdoya,
sampūrna śodhita hoy
karma-jñāna-bandha, saba dūre jāya,
bhakativinoda, bāhu tule’ koy,
nāmera niśāna dharo
nāma-ḍańkā-dhvani, koriyā jāibe,
1) The learned man, endeavoring in the practice of jnana-yoga, eventually sees the Supreme Brahman. That realization of Brahman, in full knowledge, removes all the potential sinful reactions lying in his heart.
2) By dint of Brahman realization all such potential sinful reactions are destroyed; but unless one undergoes the suffering of current sinful reactions, they will not be destroyed. Therefore, despite being a Brahman realized soul, even such a learned man must undergo the current reactions to his sins and thus be implicated in the cycle of birth and death.
3) But, O holy name, if You are vibrated on the tongue of Your unalloyed devotee, then all of his sinful reactions of both past and present lives are completely destroyed. This truth is sung by the Vedas again and again.
4) O sun of the holy name, when You arise on the horizon of the living being’s heart, it becomes completely purified, the bondage to materialistic activities and speculative knowledge disappears and the soul’s worldly existence comes to an end without any difficulty.
5) Thakura Bhaktivinoda, raising his arms says, “Take up the banners of the holy name and walk along sounding the drum of the holy name. In this way you will surely obtain the direct audience of Krsna, the holder of the flute.”
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: August 14, 2017