Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Manusa Bhajan Korcho O Bhai
Official Name: Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Baul Sangit
mānuṣa-bhajan korcho, o bhāi, bhāver gān dhore’
gupta kore’ rākhcho bhālo vyakta ha’be yamer ghare
meye hijḍe, puruṣa khojā, tabe to’ hoy karttā-bhajā,
ei chale korcho majā, maner prati cokha ṭhere’
`guru satya’ bolcho mukhe, ācho to, bhāi, jaḍer sukhe,
sańga tomār bahirmukhe, śuddha ha’be kemon kore?
yoṣit-sańga-artha-lobhe, maje to’ jīva citta-kṣobhe,
bāule ki se-sab śobhe, āguna dekhe’ phaḍiḿ mare
cāńda-bāul minati kori’ bole,—o-sab parihari’,
śuddha-bhāve bolo `hari’, jā’be bhava-sāgara-pāre
1) O my dear brothers! You devotedly engage in the worship of the material bodies of human beings, and yet you dare to sing songs about ecstatic spiritual emotions (bhava). You expertly conceal your own secret activities, but all of them will be fully exposed in Yamaraja's court.
2) Considering women to be hermaphrodites and men to be eunuchs makes one a member of the Kartta-bhaja sect. On the pretext of this deviant thinking you engage in mundane sense gratification, thus deluding even your own minds.
3) Although your mouths proclaim "the guru is reality," O brothers, you revel in mundane sense pleasures. You freely associate with envious non-devotees -- how then will you ever become puriffied?
4) The heart of the jiva becomes greatly agitated by absorption in the association of materialistic women as well as greed for wealth -- does a true Baul become attracted by the glitter of these worldly things? A cricket is attracted by a flame and jumps straight into it, thereby meeting death.
5) Cand Baul very humbly suggests, "Giving up all these degrading things, please chant the name of Hari in a purified manner. Then you will surely cross beyond the ocean of material suffering."
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: November 11, 2015