Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Nadiya Nagare Gora Carita Amrta
Official Name: Soka Satana Song 13
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
nadīyā-nagare gorā-carita amṛta
piyā śoka bhoya chāḍo sthira koro cita
anitya soḿsāra bhāi kṛṣṇa mātra sāra
gorā-śikhā mate kṛṣṇa bhaja anibāra
gorāra caraṇa dhori' jei bhāgyabān
braje rādhā-kṛṣṇa bhaje sei mora prāṇa
rādhā-kṛṣṇa gorācanda na'de bṛndābana
ei mātra koro sāra pā'be nitya dhana
bidyā-buddhi hīna dīna akińcana chāra
karma-jńāna-śūnya āmi śūnya-sad-ācāra
śrī-guru baiṣṇaba more dilena upādhi
bhakti-hīne upādhi hoilo ebe byādhi
jatana koriyā sei byadhi nibaraṇe
śaraṇa loinu āmi baiṣṇaba-caraṇe
baiṣṇabera pada-raja mastake dhoriyā
e śoka-satana gāya bhaktibinodiyā
1) The activities and behavior of Lord Gaurasundara within the villages around Nadia District are just like sweet ambrosial nectar. By drinking this nectar, just give up all of your material lamentations and fears, and make your heart become thus fixed up.
2) Within this temporary material world, my friends, the only substantial essence of Absolute truth is Lord Krsna. Therefore, kindly take heed of Lord Caitanya's advice, and just worship Krsna constantly.
3) Whoever understands this and thereby firmly grabs hold of Lord Caitanya's lotus feet is most fortunate. And if he worships Sri Sri Radha-Krsna in Vrndavana, then I will accept him as my very life soul.
4) Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha-Krsna are none other than the selfsame Lord Gauracandra, and Sri Navadvipa-dhama is that very same Vrndavana-dhama. If you consider this as the only essential point, then you will rightfully receive some eternal treasures.
5) Actually I am completely devoid of any real knowledge or good intelligence. Indeed, I am most lowly, insignificant and contemptible. I am also certainly without the slightest trace of good karma or philosophical understanding, and I am completely bereft of any proper virtuous behavior.
6) All the assembled Vaisnavas, who I consider to be just like my spiritual master, have given me this title of Bhaktivinoda, but because I am actually totally devoid of any trace of devotion, this title has simply become like a painful disease for me.
7) Taking great care to check the spreading of this disease, I have taken refuge at the lotus feet of all the Vaisnavas.
8) Taking the dust of the lotus feet of all the Vaisnavas upon my head, this lowly Bhaktivinoda thus sings this story called soka-satana, (The Dispelling of Grief).*
* This story of Soka Satana (Dispelling of Grief) dealt with 12 previous songs in the Gitamala about the details of Srivasa Pandita’s son’s departure.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009