Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ohe Harinam Tava Mahima Apar
Official Name: Namastakam Song 7
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
ohe harinām, tava mahimā apār
tava pade nati āmi kori bār bār
gokuler mahotsava ānanda-sāgar!
tomār caraṇe paḍi’ hoiyā kātar
tumi kṛṣṇa, pūrna-vapu, rasera nidān
tava pade poḍi’ tava guna kori gān
je kore tomār pade ekānta āśroy
tā’r ārti-rāśi nāś koroha niścoy
sarva aparādha tumi nāśa koro tā’r
nāma-aparādhāvadhi nāśaho tāhār
sarva-doṣa dhauta kori’ tāhāra hṛdoy-
siḿhāsane baiso tumi parama āśroy
`raso vai saḥ’ boli’ veda kore tuwā gān
māgaye sarvadā nāma-sphūrti sarva-kṣane
1) O holy name, Your glories are boundless! I therefore bow down at Your lotus feet again and again
2) O festival of Gokula! O ocean of bliss! I fall down at Your lotus feet, for I am feeling very distressed and troubled at heart.
3) You are Lord Krishna, Your divine form is perfect and You are the origin of all transcendental mellows. Falling down at Your lotus feet, I sing of Your divine qualities.
4) You destroy the multitude of afflictions of that person who takes exclusive shelter at Your holy feet.
5) O holy name, you destroy all his offenses, even those he might have committed to You directly.
6) Cleansing him of all impurities, You, who are the supreme shelter, sit upon a throne within his heart.
7) You are delightful and beautiful, the personification of complete cognizance and deep ecstasy. The Vedas sing of You, saying, “The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the personification of all transcendental mellows.”
8) At the lotus feet of Srila Rupa Goswami, Thakura Bhaktivinoda constantly begs that at every moment there be the transcendental vibration of the holy name.
This song can be sung in Raga Tilak Kamod in Bhajani Tala.
UPDATED: August 14, 2017