Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ohe Premera Thakura Gora
Official Name: None
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Sajjana Tosani
ohe, premera ṭhākura gorā
prāṇera yātanā kivā kaba, nātha! hayechi āpana-hārā
ki āra baliba, je-kājera tore
enechile, nātha! jagate āmāre,
eta-dina pare kahite se kathā, khede duḥkhe hai sārā
tomāra bhajane nā janmila rati,
jaḍa-mohe matta sadā duramati –
viṣayīra kāche theke theke āmi hainu viṣayī-pārā
ke āmi, kena je esechi ekhāne,
se-kathā kakhana nāhi bhāvi mane,
kakhana bhogera, kakhana tyāgera chalanāya mana nāce
ki gati haibe kakhana bhāvi nā,
hari-bhakatera kācheo jāi nā,
hari-vimukhera ku-lakṣaṇa jata āmātei saba ache
śrī-guru-kṛpāya bheńgeche svapana,
bujhechi ekhana tumi-i āpana,
tava nija-jana parama-bāndhava saḿsāra kārāgāre
āna nā bhajiba bhakta-pada vinu,
rātula-caraṇe śaraṇa loinu,
uddhāraho nātha! māyā-jāla ha’te e dāsera keśe dho’re
pātakīre tumi kṛpā kara nāki?
jagāi-mādhāi chila je pātakī,
tāhāte jenechi, premera ṭhākura! pātakīreo tāra tumi
āmi bhakti-hīna, dīna, akiñcana –
aparādhī-śire dāo du’ caraṇa,
tomāra abhaya śrī caraṇe cira – śaraṇa lainu āmi
1) O Sri Gaurasundara, worshipable Lord of prema! O my master! What will I tell You of my sorrows and sufferings? I have forgotten my original identity.
2) O my Lord, what more can I say? After enduring many wounds inflicted from my difficulties, then many days later I remembered the reason for which You gave me birth in this world.
3) O Lord! I’m so unfortunate that I had no attachment for worshiping You but was always evil-minded and mad for material enjoyment. Living with sense enjoyers, I became like them.
4) Who am I? Why am I in this world? These questions I never pondered. Sometimes enjoying, sometimes renouncing – my mind was dancing in this cheating.
5) I never considered what would be my outcome. I never associated with Krsna’s devotees, and I exhibited all bad signs of being opposed to Bhagavan.
6) Now, by Sri Guru’s grace my eyes have been opened and my dream has been broken. I now understand that I have only You and that Your beloved devotees are my greatest friends in the prison house of this material world.
7) Now I worship Your devotees exclusively and will serve no one else. O Natha! Now I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, which are like red lotuses. Pulling me by the hair, please deliver me from Maya’s net.
8) Do You not bestow Your mercy on the sinners? Were not Jagai and Madhai also fallen? Yet You gave them Your mercy. From this I can understand that You are the Lord of prema and the deliverer of the fallen.
9) O Prabhu, I am devoid of bhakti, wretched, and destitute. Put Your feet that grant fearlessness on the head of this offender. I take shelter of Your divine feet.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009