Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Purna Cidananda Tumi
Official Name: Soka Satana Song 8
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
pūrṇa-cid-ānanda tumi tomāra cit-kaṇa āmi
swabhābataḥ āmi tuyā dāsa
parama swatantra tumi tuyā paratantra āmi
tuyā pada chāḍi' sarba-nāśa
swatantra ho'ye jakhana māyā prati koinu mana
swa-swabhāba chāḍilo āmāya
prapańce māyāra bandhe padinu karmera dhande
karma-cakre āmāre phelya
māyā taba icchā-mate bāndhe more e jagate
adṛṣṭa nirbandha lauha-kore
sei to' nirbandha more ane śrībāsera ghore
se nirbandha punarāya more ebe lo'ye jāya
āmi to' thākite nāri āra
taba icchā su-prabala mora icchā su-durbala
āmi jība akińcana chāra
jathāya pāṭhāo tumi abaśya jāibo āmi
kara keba putra pati pitā
jaḍera sambandha saba tāhā nāhi satya-laba
tumi jībera nitya pālayitā
sańjoge bijoge jini sukha-duḥkha mane gaṇi
taba pade chāḍena āśroya
māyāra gardabha ho'ye mājena soḿsāra lo'ye
bhaktibinodera sei bhoya
1) The dead son continued: "You, dear Lord, are completely full in transcendental bliss. I am simply a tiny conscious particle of You; therefore by nature I am Your eternal servant. Only You are supremely independent, whereasI am totally dependent on You. Indeed, neglecting Your lotus feet, I have now become completely ruined."
2) "As soon as I chose to be independent of Your Lordship, I became inclined toward maya's illusory benefits. Thus I have given up my natural spiritual characteristics. Falling down due to the dazzling bewilderment of fruitive gain, I have become captured by maya within this mundane world. Now as a result I am being forcibly thrown into the revolving wheel of binding fruitive actions and reactions."
3) "Thus I am bound up by Maya in this world according to Your will, being firmly clenched in the iron-like grip of my predestined fate. And according to this fate, I have now come into Srivasa's home by taking birth as the son of Malini."
4) "Now, again according to my predestined fate, I must leave this place; I cannot remain here any longer, even if I wanted to. Your desire is most powerful, dear Lord, whereas my desire is most feeble, for I am simply an insignificant, humble soul."
5) "Wherever You send me next, oh Lord, I must certainly go to become someone's son or husband or father. However, I know that all these material relationships do not possess even one speck of eternal truth, for only You, dear Lord, are the eternal friend and guardian of all souls."
6) "Only one who foolishly neglects the eternal shelter of You two lotus feet considers the union and separation of all these temporary family relationships to be separation of all distress. This just shows how much one has actually become absorbed in the bodily concept of life, being crammed and stuffed into the womb of illusion." Hearing all these truths about the fate of the bound soul has now made Bhaktivinoda become extremely frightened.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009