Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Rase Harim Iha Vihita
Official Name: Song 5
Author: Jayadeva Goswami
Book Name: Gita Govinda
rāse harim iha vihita-vilāsṁ
smarati mano mama kṛta-parihāsam
viśada-kadamba-tale militaṁ kali-kaluṣa-bhayaṁ śamayantam
mām api kim api tarala-taraṅgad-anaṅga-dṛśā manasā ramayantam
hari-caraṇa-smaraṇaṁ prati samprati puṇyavatām anurūpam
(Refrain) My mind remembers Lord Hari. He joked and performed his lila during the rasa.
1) His infatuating flute resounded with honeyed tones like the nectar from his quavering lower-lip; an ear ornament was tremulous on his cheek as his head moved, [tremulous] at the corner of his quivering eye.
2) His hair was surrounded with a ring of lovely peacock-tail feathers with moon-eyes; [in] his lovely robe [He] was like a dark cloud colored with many rainbows; my mind remembers Hari.
3) He had an eager desire for kisses from the mouths of the gopis; the blossom of his honeyed lower-lip is like the bandhuvija [flower], [he was] beautiful on account of his radiant smile; my mind remembers Hari.
4) A thousand cowherd girls were encircled by the shoots which are his very bristled arms; upon his chest and hands and feet, the darkness was dispelled by the rays of his pearl ornaments; my mind remembers Hari.
5) His forehead had a mark of sandal on it which surpassed the moon moving in a cluster of clouds; his broad chest was mean to crush the hearts. my mind remembers Hari.
6) His cheeks were adorned with enchanting ear rings of makaras made of jewels; he was noble; he had a yellow robe; he was followed by a great retinue of sages, men, spirits, and gods; my mind remembers Hari.
7) He was met beneath the splendid kadamba [tree] allaying fear of the evil of the Kali Yuga; exciting me too somehow; in my imagination; with his gaze which is like the tremulous; restless love-god; my mind remembers Hari.
8) The song of Sri Jayadeva has the beauty of the Enemy-of-Madhu, infatuating, so beautiful; it is exactly suitable for the virtuous for remembrance of the feet of Hari.
This is sung in Raga Gujari Todi in Yati Tala.
UPDATED: July 7, 2009