Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Rasika Nagari Gana Siromani
Official Name: Radhikastakam Song 4
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
rasika nāgarī- gaṇa-śiromaṇi,
bṛṣabhānu-rāja, śuddha kalpa-ballī,
rakta paṭṭa-vastra, nitamba-upari,
kṣudra ghanṭi dule tā’y
kuca-yugopari, duli’ muktā-mālā,
citta-hārī śobhā pāy
kaiśora amṛta, tārunya-karpūr,
banānte āgata, braja-pati-suta,
heri’ śańkākula, nayana-bhańgite,
ādarete stava kore
brajera mahilā-gaṇera parān,
lalita lalitā-snehete praphulla-
viśākhāra sane, bana-phula tuli’,
gāńthe vaijayantī mālā
snigdha venu-rave, druta-gati jāi’,
kuñje peye naṭa-bare
hasita-nayanī, namra-mukhī satī,
karna kanḍūyana kore
sparśiyā kamala, vāyu su-śītala,
kore jabe kunḍa-nīra
nidāghe tathāy, nija-gaṇa saha,
kohaye caraṇa dhori’
heno rādhā-dāsya, sudhīra-sampad,
kabe dibe kṛpā kori’
1) Srimati Radharani is the crest jewel of all amorous young maidens who take pleasure in relishing transcendental mellows. She is a beautiful swan in the waters of love for Krsna, a transcendental wish-fulfilling creeper on the family tree of king Vrsabhanu, and the original source of all the goddesses of fortune.
2) Upon Her hips She wears red silken cloth on which tiny bells are swinging, and upon Her breasts sways a lovely necklace of pearls. In this way She looks so splendorous that She steals the heart of the beholder.
3) Her bodily luster is exceptionally effulgent, like the golden whorl of the best of lotus flowers. Her two sweetly smiling lips display the immortal nectar of adolescence mixed with the fragrant camphor of new youthfulness. She is completely faithful to Lord Krsna.
4) Seeing that the supremely mischievous son of Nanda has arrived on the outskirts of the Vrndavana forest as He returns from tending the cows, She becomes stricken with anxiety and affectionately offers prayers to Him by the hints and signals of Her eyes.
5) Srimati Radharani is the life and soul of all the elder women of Vraja, and is especially dear to Mother Yasoda. Basking in the affection of charming Lalita-devi, Radha's bodily form has fully blossomed like a lotus, thus displaying Her beautiful and graceful limbs.
6) Accompanied by Visakha, Radha picks forest flowers and strings together a vaijayanti flower garland for Krsna. She is the well-wisher of all, and is always situated upon the chest of the Lord, being the most beloved young girlfriend of Krsna.
7) Hearing the soft sound of the flute, She moves swiftly through the forest, and finding in the bowers of Vraja the best of dancing actors, the chaste Radha with smiling eyes turns her face downward in shyness while restlessly scratching Her ear.
8) When the breeze, which is scented with the fragrance of lotus flowers, makes the waters of Radha-kunda very cool, then, in the warmth of the summer in those cooling waters, Radha along with all Her girlfriends satisfies the hero of Gokula.
9) Bhaktivinoda says to Rupa and Raghunatha, clasping their lotus feet, "When will you bestow your mercy upon me and give me eternal service to such a Radha as this, for Her service is the wealth of the truly wise."
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009