Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu Doya Koro More
Official Name: Punah Prarthana Song 1; Savarana Sri Gaura Pada Padme Prarthana
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Prarthana
śrī-kṛṣṇa-caitanya prabhu doyā koro more
tomā binā ke doyālu jagat-saḿsāre
patita-pāvana-hetu tava avatāra
mo sama patita prabhu nā pāibe āra
hā hā prabhu nityānanda, premānanda sukhī
kṛpābalokana koro āmi boro duḥkhī
doyā koro sītā-pati adwaita gosāi
tava kṛpā-bale pāi caitanya-nitāi
gaura premamaya tanu paṇḍita gadādhara
srīnivāsa haridāsa doyāra sāgara
hā hā swarūp, sanātana, rūpa, raghunātha
bhaṭṭa-juga, śrī-jīva hā prabhu lokanātha
doyā koro śrī-ācārya prabhu śrīnivāsa
rāmacandra-sańga māge narottama-dāsa
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu Doya Koro More
1) My dear Lord Caitanya, please be merciful to me, because who can be more merciful than Your Lordship within these three worlds?
2) Your incarnation is just to reclaim the conditioned, fallen souls, but I assure You that You will not find a greater fallen soul than me. Therefore, my claim is first.
3) My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful in spiritual bliss. Since You always appear very happy, I have come to You because I am most unhappy. If You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy.
4) My dear Advaita Prabhu, husband of Sita, You are so kind. Please be merciful to me. If You are kind to me, naturally Lord Caitanya and Nityananda will also be kind to me.
5) Gaura’s love embodiment is shown by Gadadhara Pandita. Srinivasa Pandita and Haridasa Thakura are the ocean of mercy.
6) O Svarupa Damodara, personal secretary of Lord Caitanya, O six Gosvamis O Sri Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana Gosvami, Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Jiva Gosvami, and Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami! O Lokanatha Gosvami, my beloved spiritual master! Narottama dasa also prays for your mercy.
7) O Srinivasa Acarya, successor to the six Gosvamis! Please be merciful to me. Narottama dasa always desires the company of Ramacandra Cakravarti.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math says “majhāre” in place of “samsāre.”
Verse 5 is found in the older books. Translation is “Lord Caitanya’s love is embodied in Gadadhara Pandita. The ocean of mercy is embodied by Srinivasa Acarya and Srila Haridasa Thakura.”
In Rksaraja Prabhu’s 1978 tape “Reservoir of Pleasure”, he sings, “doya koro gaura sakti pandita gadadhara, srinivasadi bhakta vrnda more doya kora.” which means, “Please merciful to me, O energy of Lord Caitanya, Pandita Gadadhara. O Srinivasa Acarya and the devotees in the disciplic succession, please be merciful to me.”
This song is commonly heard in Raga Misra Kafi in Tintal.
UPDATED: June 9, 2017