Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Tuwa Bhakti Pratikula
Official Name: Bhakti Pratikula Bhava Varjanangikara Song 2
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
tuwā-bhakti-pratikūla dharma jāíte roy
parama jatane tāhā tyajibo niścoy
tuwā-bhakti-bahir-mukha sańga nā koribo
gaurāńga-virodhi-jana-mukha nā heribo
bhakti-pratikūla sthāne nā kori vasati
bhaktira apriya kārye nāhi kori rati
bhaktira virodhī grantha pāṭha nā koribo
bhaktira virodhī vyākhyā kabhu nā śunibo
gaurāńga-varjita sthāna tīrtha nāhi māni
bhaktira bādhaka jŮāna-karma tuccha jāni
bhaktira bādhaka kāle nā kori ādar
bhakti bahir-mukha nija-jane jāni par
bhaktira bādhikā spṛhā koribo varjan
abhakta-pradatta anna nā kori grahan
jāhā kichu bhakti-pratikūla bolií jāni
tyajibo jatane tāhā, e niścoya vānī
bhakativinoda poḍií prabhura caraṇe
māgaye śakati pratikūlyera varjane
1) I vow to abandon without compromise all actions contrary to Your devotional service.
2) I will keep company with no one opposed to devotional service, nor even look at the face of a person inimical toward Lord Gauranga.
3) I shall never reside at a place unfavorable for devotional practices, and may I never take pleasure in non-devotional works.
4) I will read no book opposed to pure devotion, nor listen to any explanation which disagrees with pure devotional principles.
5) I will never regard as sacred any place where Lord Gauranga is rejected. Any knowledge hindering pure devotional service I consider worthless.
6) Any season which poses obstacles to the execution of devotional service shall find no favor with me, and I will consider all relatives or family members averse to pure devotion as strangers.
7) I will abandon all desires that hinder devotion and never accept food offered to me by non-devotee atheists.
8) I vow to promptly shun whatever I know to contradict pure devotion. This I strongly promise.
9) Bhaktivinoda, falling at the feet of the Lord, begs for the strength to give up all obstacles to pure devotion.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 6, 2017