Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Vrttotphulla Visalaksam
Official Name: Sri Mantra Raja Pada Stotram
Author: Sankara Paramesvarena
Book Name: Ahirbudhnya Samhita
vṛttotphulla viśālākṣam vipakṣa kṣayadīkṣitam
ninādatrasta viśvānḍam viṣṇumugram namāmyaham
sarvairavadyatām prāptam sabalaugham diteh sutam
nakhāgraih śakalī cakre yastam vīram namāmyaham
padāvaṣṭabdha pātālam mūrdhāviṣṭa triviṣṭapam
bhujapraviṣṭāṣṭa diśam mahāviṣṇum namāmyaham
jyotīṣyarkendu nakṣatra jvalanādī nyanukramāt
jvalanti tejasā yasya tam jvalantam namāmyaham
sarvendriyairapi vinā sarvam sarvatra sarvadā
yo jānāti namā myādyam tamaham sarvatomukham
naravat siḿhavaccaiva yasya rūpam mahātmanaḥ
mahāsaṭam mahā damṣṭram tam nṛsiḿham namāmyaham
yannāma smaraṇāt bhītā bhūtavetāla rākṣasāḥ
rogādyāśca praṇaśyanti bhīṣaṇam tam namāmyaham
sarvo’pi yam samāśritya sakalam bhadramaśnute
śriyā ca bhadrayā juṣṭam yastam bhadram namā;myaham
sākṣāt svakāle samprāptam mṛtyum śatṛugaṇānvitam
bhaktānām nāśayed yastu mṛtyu mṛtyum namāmyaham
namaskārātmaakam yasmai vidyā’tma nivedanam
tyakta duḥkhokilān kāmān aśnantam tam namāmyaham
dāsabhūtāh svatah sarve hyātmanah paramātmanaḥ
ato’hamapi te dāsah iti matvā namāmyaham
śańkareṇādarāt proktam padānām tattvanirṇayam
trisandhyam yah paṭhet tasya śrīrvidyā āyuśca vardhate
1) I bow down to the formidable Lord Vishnu whose large, round eyes are wildly open and is ready to destroy the opposite party. Simply by His roaring He makes the whole world afraid.
2) The son of Diti, Hiranyakashipu was considered by everyone as an imperishable being. However the Lord shattered the body of the demon into pieces along with his huge army. I bow down to such a heroic Lord.
3) I bow down to the great Lord Vishnu whose feet have seized patalaloka the last of the seven worlds under the earth. His head entered the heavenly planets and His arms entered the eight directions.
4) I bow down to the Lord whose sparkling splendor is the source of the bright light of the sun, of all the planets, the moon, the stars and that of the fire.
5) I bow down to the primeval Lord who is unlimited and thereby also the knower of everything. He is present everywhere at all times and He possesses no material senses.
6) I bow down to the great Lord Nrisimha whose form resembles that of a man and that of a lion. He has a big mane and large fangs.
7) I bow down to the terrific Lord, by the remembrance of whose name all the bhutas, vetalas, rakshasas and all kinds of diseases become fearful and are immediately destroyed.
8) I bow down to the all auspicious Lord who is served by the auspicious goddess of fortune and by taking shelter of whom everyone achieves all auspiciousness.
9) I bow down to the Lord who is the death of death personified. He is the destroyer of death and the hordes of enemies by appearing at the right time when His devotees are attacked.
10) I bow down to the Lord unto Whom by surrendering and paying obeisances one becomes free from all distresses and enjoys every desire he may have.
11) O Lord, You are the Supreme Soul. I bow down to You and consider myself Your servant seeing everyone else has voluntarily become Your servant.
12) Thus sankara has explained the real meaning of every word. One who recites This prayer three times daily will increase his knowledge, duration of life and beauty.
This prayer glorifies the Nrsimha Mahamantra prayer.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009