Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Dinana Duhkha Harana Deva
Official Name: None
Author: Sura Dasa
Book Name: None
Language: Braja Bhasa
dīnana duḥkha harana deva santana hitakārī
ajāmīla gīdha vyādha inameń kaho kaun sādha
pańchī ko pada paḍhāta gaṇikā-sī tārī
dhruva ke sira chatra deta prahlāda ko ubāra leta
bhakta heta bāńdhyo seta lańkā purī jārī
tandula deta rījha jāta sāga pātasoń aghāta
ginata nahiń jūṭhe phala, khāte mīṭhe khārī
gajako jaba grāha grasyo duḥśāsana cīra khasyo
sabhā bīca kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa draupadī pukārī
itane hari āye gaye basanana ārūḍha bhaye
sūradāsa dvāra ṭhāḍho, āńdharo bhikhārī
(refrain): He is the Lord of the fallen and distressed. He is the well wisher of all saintly persons.
1) Ajamila, the vulture, and hunter: who amongst them are saintly? The Lord gave a bird ultimate liberation and made a man who resided with a prostitute cross the ocean of misery.
2) He has given the umbrella over the Dhruva Maharaja’s head. He protected Prahlada Maharaja and liberated him. For the sake of His devotees, He builds a bridge to Lanka, where Ravana resides.
3) To give up the delicacies of Duryodhana, he ate the vegetables of Vidura. Without considering the condition of the fruits, he ate Sabhari’s fruits sweetened with devotion.
4) He saved the elephant from the alligator in the ocean. Draupadi yelled in court, “Krsna! Krsna!” when Duhsasana pulled her cloth; Krsna became the cloth to protect her honor.
5) Oh Lord Hari, You have come and left and done so many wonders. Thus, the blind beggar, Sura Dasa, is at your door.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song can be sung in Raga Hemanta in Ektala as Jagjit Singh rendered in the live concert at ISKCON Hare Krishna Land Juhu in 1994, or in Raga Asa in Dadra Tala
UPDATED: July 5, 2016