Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bastutoh Sakali Tava
Official Name: Atma Nivedana Song 6
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
bastutaḥ sakali tava, jīva keho noy
`aham’-`mama’-bhrame bhromi’ bhoge śoka-bhoy
ahaḿ-mama-abhimāna ei-mātro dhan
baddha-jīva nija boli’ jāne mane man
sei abhimāne āmi saḿsāre poḍiyā
hābuḍubu khāi bhava-sindhu sāńtāriyā
tomāra abhoya-pade loiyā śaraṇ
āji āmi korilāma ātma-nivedan
`ahaḿ’-`mama’-abhimāna chāḍilo āmāy
ār jeno mama hṛde stāna nāhi pāy
ei mātro bala prabhu! dibe he āmāre
ahaḿtā-mamatā dūre pāri rākhibāre
ātma-nivedana-bhāva hṛde dṛḍha roy
hasti-snāna sama jeno khanika nā hoy
bhakativinoda prabhu nityānanda pāy
māge parasāda, jāhe abhimāna jāy
1) In truth, all things belong to You. No jiva is owner of anything. The tiny soul wanders in this world mistakenly thinking, “I am this transitory body, and everything related to this body is mine.” Thus he suffers sorrow and fear.
2) The conditioned soul is falsely proud and considers everything attached to the words “I” and “mine” to be his treasures alone.
3) Due to that same vanity, I fell into this world. Floundering in the ocean of mundane existence like a drowning man, I suffer the pangs of rising and sinking in that ocean.
4) I take shelter at Your lotus feet, which award fearlessness, and dedicate myself to You on this day.
5) The vanity of “I” and “mine” has left me now. May it never again find a place within my heart.
6) O Lord, please give me this strength, that I may be able to keep the false conceptions of “I” and “Mine” far away.
7) May the mood of self-surrender to the Supreme Lord remain firmly fixed in my heart and not prove to be like the momentary cleanliness of an elephant after a bath.
8) Bhaktivinoda begs at the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda for the grace which delivers one from all false pride.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 6, 2017