Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bina Gopala Bairana Bhai Kunjana
Official Name: None
Author: Sura Dasa
Book Name: Bhramargita
Language: Braja Bhasa
bina gopāla bairana bhaī kuņjaiń
taba ye latā lagati ati sītala, aba bhaīń biṣama jvāla kī puņjaiń
bṛthā bahati jamunā khaga bolata, bṛthā kamala phūlaiń ali guņjaiń
pavana pāni ghanasāra saņjīvani, dadhisuta kirana bhānu bhaiń luņjaiń
e ūdhau kahiyo mādhava soń, biraha kadana kari mārata luņjaiń
sūradāsa prabhu ko maga jovata, ańkhiyāń bhaī barana jyoń guņjaiń
Refrain: Without Gopala, the groves have become our enemies!
1) Once, these creepers seemed so cooling, now they are a fearful mass of flames.
2) In vain, the Yamuna river flows and the birds sing, in vain the bee hums and the lotus blooms.
3) The breeze, the water, life-giving camphor even the moonbeams seem like burning suns!
4) O Udhau! Go and tell Madhava that this separation is crippling and destroying us.
5) Ever watching the road for Suradasas Lord, our eyes have become as red as berries.
This song is to be rendered in Raga Gujari Todi or Bilaskhani Todi.
UPDATED: June 25, 2009