Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Official Name: Song 11
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
e dhani mohe nā karu aru chanda
jānala bheṭali śyāmara chanda
niśasi nihārasi phuṭala kadamba
kara-tale badana saghana abalamba
kṣaṇe tanu moḍasi kari kata bhańga
abirala pulaka mukula bharu ańga
bhāba ki gopasi gopata nā raha-i
maramaka bedana badane saba kaha-i
yatane nibārasi nayānake lola
gadagada śabade kahasi ādha bola
āna chale ańga nayāna chale pantha
saghane gatāgati karasi ekānta
dūre rahu gurujana-gauraba lāja
gobinda-dāsa kaha paḍala akāja
(Refrain) O beautiful gopi, you did not tell me anything. Still, I know what has happened. You must have met the dark moon Krsna.
1) You stare. You sigh. With your sighs the kadamba trees burst into bloom. Your head rests in your hands.
2) Sometimes you bend your body into how many awkward postures? Like budding flowers, the hairs of your body always stand erect.
3) Why do you try to hide your feelings? You cannot hide them. The expression on your face proclaims the pain in your heart.
4) You struggle to suppress the signs of what you feel. Your eyes are restless. You speak half words in a choked voice.
5) On some pretext you carefully watch the path. Your purpose in watching is only one.
6) Far away you have thrown all shyness and all respect for your elders and superiors. Govinda dasa says: Alas! This girl has fallen into mischief.
This song is sung in Raga Barati.
UPDATED: June 26, 2009