Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Emona Durmati
Official Name: Dainya Song 7
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
emona durmati, saḿsāra bhitore,
poḍiyā āchinu āmi
tava nija-jana, kono mahājane,
pāṭhāiyā dile tumi
doyā kori’ more, patita dekhiyā,
kohilo āmāre giyā
ohe dīna-jana, śuno bhālo kathā,
ullasita ha’be hiyā
tomāre tārite, śrī-kṛṣṇa-caitanya,
tomā heno koto, dīna hīna jane,
vedera pratijñā, rākhibāra tare,
mahāprabhu nāme, nadīyā mātāya,
sańge bhāi avadhūta
nanda-suta jini, caitanya gosāi,
nija-nāma kori’ dān
tārilo jagat, tumi-o jāiyā,
se kathā śuniyā, āsiyāchi, nātha!
bhakativinoda, kāńdiyā kāńdiyā,
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Emona Durmati
1) Oh Lord! Such a wicked mind has brought me into this world, but one of Your pure and elevated devotees has come to bring me out of it.
2) He saw me so fallen and wretched, took pity, and came to me saying, “O humbled soul, please listen to this good tiding, for it will gladden your heart.
3) “Sri Krsna Caitanya has appeared in the land of Navadvipa to deliver you. He has safely conducted many miserable souls such as you across the sea of worldly existence.”
4) “To fulfill the promise of the Vedas, the son of a brahmana bearing the name Mahaprabhu of golden complexion, has descended with His brother the avadhuta Nityananda. Together They have overwhelmed all of Nadia with divine ecstasy.”
5) “Sri Caitanya, who is Krishna Himself, the son of Nanda, has saved the world by freely distributing His own holy name. Go also and receive your deliverance.”
6) O Lord, hearing those words, Bhaktivinoda has come weeping to the soles of Your lotus feet and tells the story of his life.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
Vaiyasaki prabhu popularized this song in his 1986 album, Caitanya Candra. This was rendered in Raga Misra Kafi in Bangla Ektal.
UPDATED: January 20, 2017