Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Emona Gauranga Vina Nahin Ara
Official Name: None
Author: Premananda Dasa Thakura
Book Name: None
emana gaurāńga vinā nāhi āra
hena avatāra, ha’be ki ha’yeche,
duramati ati, patita pāṣaṇḍī,
prāṇe nā mārila kā’re
harināma diyā, hṛdaya śodhila,
yāci giyā ghare ghare
bhava-viriñcira, vāñchita je prema,
jagate phelila ḍhāli’
kāńgāle pāiyā, khāila nāciyā,
hāsiyā kādiyā, preme gaḍāgaḍi,
pulake vyāpila ańga
caṇḍāle-brāhmaṇe, kare kolākuli,
kabe vā chila e rańga
dekhiyā śamana, tarāsa pāiyā,
kapāṭa hānila dvāre
e tina bhuvana, ānande bharila,
uṭhila mańgala sora
kahe premānanda, emana gaurāńge,
rati nā janmila mora
1) There is no one like Gauranga! No other incarnation past, present or future preached such a rare form of prema. (He never considered any offense. Therefore, He is even more merciful than Krsna).
2) He did not slay the very wicked or the fallen atheists (instead He changed their mood). Giving out the holy names, He went from door to door, purifying everyone’s heart.
3) Even Brahma and Sankara hankered for that divine love which Gauranga is pouring over the whole world. When the miserable and wretched people receive this prema, they begin to dance and clap their hands with joy.
4) Laughing and weeping, their voices choked with love and their hairs standing on end, even the candalas (dog-eaters) and brahmanas embrace one another [being freed from all material designations]. When has such a drama ever been seen before?
5) Playing loudly on mrdanga and karatalas, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His party roamed everywhere, chanting Krsna’s names. Seeing the sankirtana party, Yamaraja (death personified) became afraid and closed his door.
6) All the three worlds become filled with bliss by the auspicious uproar of the kirtana. Premananda dasa laments bitterly, “Oh, that Gauranga is so merciful, yet rati for Him has not appeared in my heart.”
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 26, 2009