Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gauranga Karuna Koro
Official Name: None
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: None
gaurāńga karuṇā koro dīna hīna jane
mośamo patita prabhu nāhi trībhūvane
dante tṛṇa dhari gaura ḍāki he tomare
kṛpā kari eso āmār hṛdaya mandire
jadi dayā nā karibe patita dekhiyā
patita pāvana nāma kisera lagiyā
paḍechi bhava tuphāne nāhika nistāra
śrī carana taranī dāne dāse kara pāra
śrī kṛṣṇa caitanya prabhu dāser anudāsa
prārthanā karaye sadā narottama dāsa
1) O my dear Lord Gauranga! Please show Your mercy to this lowly and destitute soul. O Lord! There is no one more fallen than myself in all the three worlds.
2) Holding grass between my teeth, O Lord Gaura, I am calling out to You now! Please be compassionate upon me and come to reside within the temple of my heart.
3) If You do not give Your mercy, seeing how fallen I am, then why are You known as Patita Pavana, the merciful Savior of the fallen?
4) I am plunged amidst the violent hurricane-stricken waves in the ocean of this material world, from which there is no escape. Kindly give me the gift of Your divine lotus feet, which are compared to a boat in which Your servant may cross over the ocean of birth and death.
5) Narottama Dasa, the servant of the servant of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, ceaselessly makes this prayer.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song is sung in Raga Sindhu Bhairavi in Kaherva Tala.
UPDATED: October 4, 2015