Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gora Panhu
Official Name: Aksepa Song 1
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Prarthana
gaurā pahu nā bhajiyā goinu
prema-ratana-dhana helāya hārāinu
adhane yatana kari dhana teyāginu
āpana karama-doṣe āpani ḍubinu
sat-sańga chāḍi' kainu asate vilāsa
te-kāraṇe lāgilo ye karma-bandha-phāńsa
viṣaya-viṣama-viṣa satata khāinu
gaura-kīrtana-rase magana nā hainu
keno vā āchaye prāṇa ki sukha pāiyā
narottam dās keno nā gelo mariyā
1) I did not worship Lord Gauranga Prabhu and thus I became full of suffering. I refused to accept the treasure of pure love of Krsna, and thus I became lost.
2) I reject the treasure of love of Krsna and deliberately struggled to become poor. I dived into a host of sinful deeds.
3) I rejected the association of the saintly devotees, and instead tried to enjoy among the impious non-devotees. In this way I became caught in the noose of karma.
4) I continually drank the virulent poison of sense-gratification. I refused to swim in the nectar of Lord Caitanya's sankirtana movement.
5) Why do I stay alive? What happiness do I have? Why did Narottama dasa not die long ago?
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 8, 2017