Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gotha Bijayi Braja Raja Kisora
Official Name: Song 81
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
goṭha bijayī braja-rāja kiśora
jananī-biracita beśa ujora
āge agaṇita kata go-dhana caliyā
pāche braja-bālaka hai hai baliyā
sama baya beśa sabahu kari chānda
rāma bāme calu śyāmara-cānda
mayūra śikhaṇḍa cūḍe jhalamaliyā
maṇimaya kuṇḍala ṭalamaliyā
śira-para cānda adhara-para muralī
cala-ite panthe karaye kata kuralī
kaṭi-taṭe pīta paṭāmbara baniyā
manthara gati calu gaja-bara jiniyā
maṇi-mañjīra bājata raṇa-jhaniyā
gobinda-dāsa kaha-i dhani dhaniyā
(Refrain) Splendidly dressed by His mother, Vraja's young prince walks to the pastures.
1) Numberless cows walk before Him. Behind Him Vraja's boys cry, "Hai! Hai!"
2) Like Him in age, garments, manner, and every other way, hosts of boys surround Him. With Balarama at His left, Lord Krsna, splendid like a dark moon, walks.
3) A peacock feather splendidly rests in His crown. His jewel earrings swing to and fro.
4) His forehead is like the glistening moon. Walking on the path, how many melodies does He play on the flute at His lips?
5) A yellow cloth is gracefully wrapped about His waist. He slow walking defeats the graceful elephant.
6) His jewel anklets jangle. Govinda dasa says: Lord Krsna is the most glorious of all who are glorious.
This is sung in Raga Todi.
UPDATED: June 26, 2009