Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Guru Jana Nayana Bidhuntuda
Official Name: Song 60
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
guru-jana-nayana bidhuntuda manda
nīla nicola jhāmpali mukha-candra
madana-dīpa daraśāyala pantha
calali nitambini hari abhisāra
gati ati manthara ārati bithāra
rasa-dhādhase calu pada du-i cāri
līlā-kamala tejala bara-nārī
parihari maulika mālatī-mālā
tejala maṇi-maya gīmaka hāra
naba anurāga-bharame bhela bholi
nindaye pīna payodhara jori
beśa śeṣa rahu nīlima bāsa
milali nikuñje kaha gobinda dāsa
1) Covering your face with a great black cloak, you hid your moonlike face from your elders' prying eyes.
2) In the impenetrable darkness and mist of night, Kamadeva's lamp showed you the path.
3) O girl with beautiful hips, you hurried to your meeting with Krsna. Overcome with ecstatic love, you walked slowly.
4) Filled with the desire to taste nectar of the Lord, you took two steps and then four. O beautiful girl, you dropped your toy lotus flower.
5) You dropped the jasmine crown from your head. You broke the string of jewels at your neck.
6) You were overcome with new love. Your very full style rebuked all rivals.
7) Your garments and ornaments were hidden under a great black cloak. In this way you met Lord Krsna in the forest. Thus speaks Govinda dasa.
This song is sung in Raga Kedar.
UPDATED: June 26, 2009