Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Hari Hari Ki Mora Karama Abhaga
Official Name: Dainya Bodhika Prarthana
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Prarthana
hari hari ki mora karama abhāga
biphale jīvana gelo, hṛdoye rohilo śelo,
nāhi bhelo hari anurāga
yajña, dāna, tīrtha-snāna, puṇya karma japa dhyāna,
akāraṇe sab gelo mohe
bujhilām mone heno, upahās hoy jeno,
vastra hīna ābharaṇa dehe
sādhu mukhe kathāmṛta, śuniyā vimala cita,
nāhi bhelo aparādha kāraṇ
satata asat sańga, sakali hoilo bhańga,
ki koribo āile śaman
śruti smṛti sadā robe, śuniyāchi ei sabe,
hari pada abhaya śaraṇ
janama loiyā sukhe, kṛṣṇa nā bolinu mukhe,
nā korinu se rūpa bhāvan
rādhā-kṛṣṇa duhuń pāy, tanu mana rahu tāy,
ār dūre jāuk vāsanā
narottama dāse koy, āro mora nāhi bhoy,
tanu mana soḿpinu āpanā
1) O Lord Hari, Lord Hari, everything I do is inauspicious. I have uselessly wasted my life, and I have no love for You. It is as if my heart were pierced by a sharp javelin.
2) My Vedic sacrifices, charity, bathing in holy places of pilgrimage, pious deeds, mantra-chanting, and meditation, are all useless and illusory. In my heart I know that without devotional service these things are a joke, like placing valuable ornaments on a naked body.
3) Although I sometimes hear the nectarean message of Godhead from the mouths of the devotees, because I commit so many offenses, I do not become purified. I continually associate with non-devotees, and in this way all my spiritual advancement is broken apart. What will I do when death comes?
4) Although again and again I heard the Sruti and Smrti scriptures' declaration that one should take shelter of the Lord Hari's lotus feet in order to become fearless, I did not chant Krsna's name, and I did not meditate on His transcendental form.
5) I will now concentrate my mind on the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna, and all my material desires will flee far away. Narottama dasa says: Now that I have fixed my mind on Sri Sri Radha and Krsna, I am no longer afraid of my future.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 26, 2009