Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Kaliya Damana Dina
Official Name: Song 10
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
kālindī-kūla kadamba chāha
kata kata braja naba bālā
pekhalu janu thira bijarīka mālā
tohe kaho subala sāńgāti
tabadhari hāma nā jāni dibā rāti
tahi dhani maṇi du-i cāri
tahi mano-mohinī eka nārī
so rahu majhu mane paṭhi
manasija dhūme ghuma nāhi diṭhi
anukhaṇa tahita samādhi
ko jāne kaichana biraha-biyādhi
dine dine kṣīṇa bhela dehā
gobinda-dāsa kaha aiche naba-lehā
(Refrain) Krsna, who is the Lord of the poor and meek and the hero that vanquished Kaliya, stays in a kadamba tree's shade on the Yamuna's banks.
1) (Lord Krsna says:) How many girls of Vraja have I seen? Still, this one girl is splendid like a garland of unmoving lightning flashes,
2) O friend Subala, I tell you: from that moment I no longer know whether it is day or night.
3) In that place were two or four beautiful girls splendid like glistening jewels. But only one of those girls cast a spell on My heart.
4) I keep that girl in my heart. My heart is filled with the smoke of Kamadeva's flames. Lost in the smoke, I cannot see the directions.
5) Moment after moment I am rapt in thinking of this girl. I know nothing but Her. I am overcome by the fever of separation from Her.
6) Day after day my body becomes more thin and emaciated. Govinda dasa says: These are the signs of new love.
This song is sung in Raga Gandhara.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009