Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Kancana Yuthi Kusuma Lai Gori
Official Name: Song 21
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
kāńcana-yūthī kusuma la-i gori
nirama-i mūrati yatana kari tori
tuyā anubhābe ālińga-i tāya
so tanu tāpe bhasama bha-i yāya
śuna śuna o bṛṣabhā;nu-kumārī
tuyā birahānale jwalata murāri
jhamara nīla-utpala-dala ańga
lore nā heraye nayana-tarańga
bigati muralī phurali rahu dūra
anukhaṇa madana dahana paripūra
bicharala pińcha mukuṭa paripāṭi
sahacare meli marata jī-u kāṭi
jī-u rahata aba tuyā rasa āśe
tohari caraṇe kahe gobinda-dāse
1) O beautiful fair girl, taking a golden yuthi flower, He carefully made a Deity of You.
2) Filled with love for You, He embraced that Deity, but the heat of His body turned that Deity into ashes.
3) Listen. Listen, O daughter of King Vrsabhanu. Krsna burns in many flames of separation from You.
4) His body graceful like blue lotus petals is overcome. His eyes now flooded with waves of tears, He cannot see.
5) He threw His flute far away. Moment after moment He drowns in the flames of Kamadeva's fire.
6) He forgets His peacock-feather crown. His friends gather around Him. Soon His life with be cut and He will die.
7) Before Your feet Govinda dasa says: The hope that again He will enjoy nectar pastimes with You is all that keeps Sri Krsna alive.
This song is sung in Raga Adana.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009