Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Kanu Katha Suni Gadagada Bhasa
Official Name: Song 27
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
kānu-kathā śuni gadagada bhāṣa
milati sahacarī rā-ika pāśa
kahatahi sahacarī śuna bara gora
tuyā lāgi hālata nanda-kiśora
tuyā rūpa nirakha-i taru de-i kora
hera-ite galatahi locana-lora
yaba nahi sundara karabi payāna
taba jī-u tejaba nāgara kāna
saha-i nā pāra-i madana-hutāśa
cāmara ḍhulāyata gobinda-dāsa
1) After hearing Krsna speak broken words in a choked voice, the gopis approached Radha.
2) The gopis said: O beautiful fair girl, please listen. Nanda's son trembles with love for You.
3) Thinking it is Your beautiful form, He embraces a tree. Tears stream from His eyes.
4) If You do not go to Him, the hero Krsna will give up His life.
5) He has no power to bear Kamadeva's flames that now surround Him. As these words are spoken, Govinda dasa moves the camara-whisk.
This song is sung in Raga Dhanasri.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009