Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Khelata Phagu Vrndavana Candra
Official Name: Song 88
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
khelata phāgu bṛndābana-canda
ṛtu-pati manamatha manoratha chanda
rańgiṇī prema-tarańgiṇī sāja
āgu phāgu de-i nāgarī nayāne
abasare nāgara cumbaye bayāne
cakita candra-mukhī sahacarī gahane
dhā-i dhā-ola giridhārika eka sane
tarala nayānī turite eka yā-i
kare saņe kāḍi muralī le-i dhā-i
ho ho hori tumula utarola
aruṇa taruṇa taru aruṇahi dharaṇī
sthala jala-cara bhela sabe eka-baraṇī
aruṇahi nīre aruṇa arabinda
aruṇa hṛdaye bhela dāsa gobinda
1) He who is like a moon shining in Vrndavana forest enjoys pastimes of throwing red powder. He is filled with Kamadeva's desires.
2) In the midst of circle of beautiful gopis a blissful, reddish, wave-filled river of spiritual love flows.
3) She who is the great heroine of amorous pastimes showers red powder on Him. He who is the king of amorous pastimes kisses Her face.
4) Her moon-faced gopi friends are filled with wonder. Gathering together, they all attack Krsna.
5) Trembling, they run to Krsna, snatch away His flute, and flee.
6) "Bhali! Bhali!" the karatalas declare. There is a great tumult of, "Ho! Ho! Holi!"
7) The ground is now red with powder. They young trees are red. Every being moving on the ground or in the water is now one color only.
8) The water is red. The lotuses are red. Even Govinda dasa's heart is covered now with red.
This song is sung in Raga Basanta.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009