Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ki Ye Suni Sudhamaya Muralira Rava
Official Name: Song 75
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
ki ye śuni sudhāmaya muralīra raba
nā sambare ambare dhāya gopī saba
kare tuli pare keha pada-ābharaṇa
keha pare nija ādha nayane añjana
sadana chāḍiyā keha kānanete dhāya
paya-pāne śiśu chāḍi seha gopī yāya
eka gopīre pati dhariyā rākhila
śyāma-anurāge seha tanu teyāgila
sakala gopīra āge pā-ila se-i rāmā
gobinda-dāsa kahe ki diba upamā
1) Hearing Krsna's nectar flute-music, the gopis ran. They took no care that their garments were properly arranged.
2) Some gopis placed their anklets around their wrists. Other gopis decorated only half their eyes with black kajjala.
3) Leaving their homes, some gopis ran to the forest. Suddenly stopping feeding milk to their infants, other gopis also ran.
4) Forcibly stopped by their husbands, other gopis left their bodies. They were rapt in love for dark Krsna.
5) One gopi was the foremost. She was the goddess of fortune Herself. Govinda dasa says: What metaphors and similes can I speak that will do justice to Her glories?
This song is sung in Raga Dhanasri.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009