Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Krsna Govinda Govinda Gopala Nanda Lala
Official Name: None
Book Name: None
govinda govinda gopāla nanda lāla
kṛṣṇa govinda govinda gopāla nanda lāla
maṇi māla manohara kaṇṭḥa meń ho
pahane ura meń vanamālā raho
karate nita rāsa vilāsa raho
liye sańga sadā vraja vāsa raho
apane mukha candra ke candrikā se
ulabijli kī ye ujiyārā raho
in nayanoń meń nitya dayā karake
tuma nācate nanda ke lālā raho
tumhe dekh kar aji jī cāhatā hai
tumhe prāṇa priyatama āńkhoń meń biṭhāe
agara āsamāń taka rasāī ho apani
to tumhe āja tāroń ke mālā pahanāe
tere pāūń dhoye, hama phūloń ke rasse
tuma āja nahalāe, hama cāndanī se
baḍi der se bīd ke muntaśir hai
jo tuma muskurāo, to ham muskurāye
hai yād teri kitani mīṭhī
is dil chipāyi baiṭhī hūń
tasavīr teri rasiyā priyatama
is dil meń basāye baiṭhī hūń
har māńg tumhara milane ke hai
dil meń bahuta ghanaśyāma mere
un aramāno se is dil ke
maiń duniyā basāye baiṭhi hūń
kaba āoge kuch k͟habar to do
becaina hai dil is piḍahana kā
kaba se tumhāri rāhoń meń
halakoń bichāye baiṭḥi hūń
maiń dīna duḥkhi gunahīna sahī
para tuma to karuṇā sāgara ho
teri karuṇā para hī he priyatama!
maiń āsa lagāye baiṭhi huń
maiń qābil nā sahī, para śauqa to hai
dīdāra tumhāre kā mohana
isi dāńw pe apane jīvana kī
maiń bāzi lagāye baiṭhi hūń
(Refrain) O Govinda, the pleasure of the senses of the cows, O Gopala, the cow caretaker, the son of Nanda Maharaja, O Krsna, the all attractive, Govinda! Gopala! Nanda-lala!
1) O Gopala! You wear a necklace of jewels around Your neck. You wear a garland of flowers around Your stomach. You are eternally performing playful pastimes and always residing in Vraja.
2) The moonshine from Your moon-like face illuminates like the strike of a lightning bolt. Please be eternally merciful to these eyes and keep performing Your dance, O son of Nanda Maharaja!
3) Having seen You, O I further desire to install You in my eyes, O love of my life. If You are a rope as high as the skies, then I would adorn You with a garland of stars.
4) I would adorn You with a flower garland, wash Your feet, and bathe You with sandlewood paste. For the longest time, I have been suffering. If you smile, then I can only smile.
5) I have many sweet memories of You that are hidden in this heart. Your mellow-like face, O beloved, is installed in my heart.
6) Every desire in my heart is greatly centered on meeting You again, O Dark Cloud Complexioned like Syama! With all of these hopes in my heart, I am sitting in the world.
7) Please give some news on when You are coming, as my heart is very restless in separation. Since the longest time, I look to the route attempting to listen my heart.
8) I am fallen, sad, and without any good qualities, but You are the ocean of mercy. Hoping receive Your mercy, O beloved one, I sit here with such a hope.
9) Of course, I am not worthy of this, yet my heart still is very interested in seeing You, O Mohana! With putting my entire life at stake, I risk the fate of my life for You.
The chant in the refrain is frequently chanted alone. Verses 1 through 9 is essentially an alankāra (improvised lyrics based on the mood) from the Radha Ramana Temple tracks.
UPDATED: July 14, 2009