Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Marakata Darapana Barana Ujora
Official Name: Song 14
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
marakata-darapaṇa baraṇa ujora
hera-ite prati ańga anańga āgora
nā bhujaluḿ ki kahala aruṇa nayāna
hānala ata-e kusuma-śara bāna
e sakhi kahe bheṭaluḿ nanda-nandanā
madira gahana dahana bhela candanā
taikhane dakhiṇa pabana bhela bāma
saha-i nā pāriye himakara-nāma
sahaja śeja kamala-dala pāti
kulabatī yubatī le-u nija śāti
taḿhi rahala mana locana lāgi
dhairaja lāja dūre gela bhāgi
ki phala ekala bikala-parāṇa
gobinda-dāsa kaha milaba kāna
1) He is splendid like a sapphire mirror. His limbs eclipse even Kamadeva.
2) I do not know of any eyes like His reddish eyes, eyes that shoot Kamadeva's arrows.
3) O gopi-friend, whom did I meet? It was Nanda's son. Because of Him a palace has now become a wild forest and a blazing fire has become cooling sandal paste.
4) Because of Him the southern wind now blows from the north. Because of Him I cannot bear the glistening moonlight.
5) Please make a bed from lotus leaves and petals. This pious girl will rest upon it.
6) My thoughts rest in Him. My eyes yearn for Him. My shyness and my peaceful composure are now thrown far away.
7) What fruit will come from the great state of confusion in this girl's life? Govinda dasa says: She will meet Krsna.
This song is in Raga Sri.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009