Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Nitai Guna Mani
Official Name: None
Author: Locana Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Caitanya Mangala
nitāi guṇa-maṇi āmār nitāi guṇa-maṇi
āniyā premer vanyā bhāsāilo avanī
premer vanyā loiyā nitāi āilā gauḍa-deśe
ḍubilo bhakata-gaṇa dīna hīna bhāse
dīna hīna patita pāmara nāhi bāche
brahmār durlabha prema sabākāre jāce
ābaddha karuṇā-sindhu niṭāi kāṭiyā mohān
ghare ghare bule prema-amiyār bān
locan bole mor nitāi jebā nā bhajilo
jāniyā śuniyā sei ātma-ghātī hoilo
1) My Lord Nityananda, the jewel of all virtues, my Lord Nityananda, the jewel of all virtues, has brought the flood of ecstatic love of God that has drowned the entire world.
2) Bringing this overwhelming deluge of prema when He returned to Bengal from Jagannatha Puri on Lord Caitanya's order, Nitai has inundated the assembly of devotees. The fallen nondevotees did not drown, however, but remained floating on that ecstatic ocean.
3) Lord Nityananda freely offered this exalted prema, which is difficult for Lord Brahma to attain, even to the fallen and wretched souls who did not desire it.
4) The ocean of mercy had formerly been sealed tight, but Nitai cut a channel in its boundary to allow the great flooding waves of nectarean prema to splash from house to house.
5) Locana dasa says, "Whoever has not worshiped my Nitai or taken advantage of this excellent opportunity offered by Him knowingly commits suicide."
This song was featured in Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura’s compilation, Sri Ksanada Gita Cintamani, Saptadasa Ksanada Sukla Dvitiya (the 17th night, the second day of bright portion of the month), as the second song.
This can be rendered in Raga Sri.
Variations exist for the following verses:
brahmāra durlabha prema yāre tāre yāce
locana bale āmāra nitā-i yebā nāhi māne
ānala bhejā-i tāra mājha mukha-khāne
“Locana dāsa says: Anyone who will not say, "Lord Nitāi is my master", sets a fire in his mouth.”
UPDATED: November 7, 2015