Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sabse Unci Prem Sagai
Official Name: None
Author: Sura Dasa
Book Name: None
Language: Braja Bhasa
sabse ūńcī prema sagāī
duryodhana ko mevā tyāgo
sāga vidura ghara pāī
jūṭhe phala sabarī ke khāye
bahu vidhi prema lagāī
prema ke bas nṛpa sevā kīnhī
āp bane hari nāī
rājasuya yajña yudhiṣṭhira kīno
tāmai jūṭha uṭhāī
prema ke basa arjuna ratha hāńkhyo
bhūla gaye ṭhakurāī
aisī prīta baḍhī vṛndāvana
gopina nāca nacāī
sūra krūra is lāyaka nāhī
kaha lag karau baḍāī
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Sabse Umci Prema Sagai
Refrain: Of all forms of worship of the Lord, love is the highest.
1) Lord Krsna renounced the delicacies that Duryodhana offered, and ate vegetables at Vidura’s house.
2) As Lord Ramacandra, He ate fruits which were already filled with love from Sabari.
3) Love is indeed the best way to serve and please the Lord.
4) In Maharaja Yuddhistira’s Rajasuya Yajna sacrifice, Lord Krsna served the brahmanas and picked up their eating utensils.
5) Out of pure love for Arjuna, He took the position of being his charioteer, and He forgot that He was the Lord.
6) Such love did Lord Krsna portray in Vrndavana when He danced with the gopis in the rasa lila.
7) The harsh Suradasa is not worthy to praise the merciful and magnanimous Lord.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song became popular by Jagjit and Chitra Singh’s 1983 album “Samarpan” as well as in B.R. Chopra’s Mahabharat series.
This song was originally meant to be rendered in Raga Kafi in Bhajani Theka.
UPDATED: February 26, 2017