Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: So Bahu Ballabha Sahaje-i Bhora
Official Name: Song 42
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
so bahu ballabha sahaje-i bhora
kaichane bedana jānāba mora
cala-ite cāhi taha ādara bhańga
saha-i nā pāriye biraha-tarańga
sakhi he kāhe upekhalu kāna
nā jāniye dagadhi calaba mohe māna
sakhī-gaṇa gaṇa-ite tuhu se seyānī
tohe ki śikhāyaba caturima bāṇī
majhu eta ārati ho jāni jāna
ithe lāgi taba pāya soḿpalu parāṇa
aba biracaha tuhu so parabandha
kānuka yaiche hoya nirabandha
jība-ite mohe milaba yaba kāna
gobinda-dāsa taba tuyā guṇa gāna
1) Now I am overcome with love for Him. How can I understand what has happened to me?
2) When I see Him, my peaceful composure is broken into pieces. I cannot bear being tossed to an fro by the waves of the anguish of separation from Him.
3) O gopi-friend, how can I turn away from Krsna? I do not know. It is as if I am burning in the midst of flames. My heart is enchanted by Him.
4) You gopi-friends are very wise. What wise words can I speak to you?
5) Ah! I am so overcome with longings. I feel that soon I will lose my life.
6) Please write a letter. Place my request before Krsna.
7) Only if I can meet Krsna will I stay alive. Govinda dasa says: O gopi girl, in this song I sing your glories.
This is sung in Raga Dhanasri.
UPDATED: July 10, 2009