Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Guru Vandana Kori’
Official Name: Mangalacarana
Book Name: Gitar Gan
śrī guru vandanā kori, tāńhāra caraṇa dhori
śrī bhaktisiddhānta prabhupāda
āra yata śikṣā guru, sabe vañca kalpa taru
kṛpā kara ghucaka viṣāda
rūpa sanātana prabhu, gauḍīya ācārya vibhu
āra sei bhaṭṭa raghunātha
śrī jīva gopāla bhatta, vṛndāvane ye saḿghaṭṭa
mile prabhu dāsa raghunātha
gosvāmī prabhura gaṇa, āśraya sei śrī caraṇa
anya mora kichu āśā nāi
tāńra madhye ye śrī jīva, ujjvala ācārya dīpa
diyāchena caraṇete ṭhāi
āmi se durmati ati, viṣaya bhogete mati
kṛpā kari ānilo ṭaniyā
mūrkha mui nīca ati, śrī siddhānta sarasvatī
kṛpā vāri dila se siñciyā
patita pāvana prabhu, nityānanda gaura vibhu
śrī advaita kṛpā pārāvāra
śrīvāsādi gadādhara, kṛpā kara e kińkora
bujhilāma tava kṛpā sāra
vṛndāvana ramya sthāna, sevā kuñja tāra nāma
śrī rādhā dāmodara sthtiti
tāńhāra caraṇe mui, ekānta āśraya lai
kṛpā kori koro mora gati
"śrī gitār gān" ei, tomāra caraṇe thui
laha mora ei puṣpāñjali
ki jāni ki likhi, ekānta bharasā tumi,
ye likhāo, sei padyāvalī
abhaya caraṇa tava, āśraye sarvadā ra'ba,
ei mora nitya-kāla āśa
bhaktivedanta bole, āmi kintu dāsa ho'le,
vimocana e māyāra phāńsa
1) Touching the lotus feet of my spiritual teacher Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada, I offer my respectful obeisances and orations to him, as well as the instructing spiritual masters, who are desire-trees.
2) Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Sanatana Gosvami are the acaryas between all the Gaudiya Vaisnavas. With them, Sri Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami, Sri Jiva Gosvami, Sri Gopala Bhatta Gosvami and Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami formed in assembly and were intimate associates in Sri Vrindavana dhama.
3) I do not long for another thing more than the exclusive protection and refuge of the lotus feet these Gosvamis. Between all acaryas, Srila Jiva Gosvami stands out as a shining torch of knowledge. It has much mercy when giving me residence next to his lotus. (In the temple of Radha-Damodara)
4) I am a person of very evil and injurious mentality because I am always engrossed in the allowance of the senses with the material benefit, although this is the condition of my mind, by the mercy of my Guru Maharaja, Srila Bhaktisidhanta Sarasvati is kind with me removing to me and retiring to me of this dark. I am simply an idiot and I am extremely fallen and of low birth, but even so my Guru Maharaja has kindness to sprinkle on my heart the rain of its divine compassion.
5) Oh lifter of the fallen souls, Oh Lord! Oh omniscient Lords Nityananda and Goura! Oh Advaita Prabhu, the ocean of mercy, Oh Srivasa and Gadadhara, heads of the disciplic succession! Please they show mercy to this servant. I wish to understand that Their mercy, alone, is solely the real essence of the life.
6) In the lovely place of Vrndavana dhama, in grove named Seva Kunja, is where Sri Sri Radha Damodara is situated. Their lotus feet is my only shelter that I take. Please show mercy upon me and become my refuge.
7) Please accept Sri Gitara Gana (the song of the Bhagavad-Gita) as an offering of flowers to your Lotus feet. Whatever I know, whatever I write, I have exclusive faith in You in that You are actually writing these verses.
8) I always remain fearless by always taking shelter at Your lotus feet. This is my eternal wish. Bhaktivedanta says, “I am only Your servant. Please release me from the noose of maya.”
This song is the introduction to the Gitar Gan.
UPDATED: December 20, 2010