Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Radhe Govinda Gopala Tera Pyara Nama Hai
Official Name: None
Book Name: None
Language: Braja Bhasa
śrī rādhe govinda, gopāla terā pyārā nām hai
mora mukuṭa pītāmabara sohai gala vaijantī mālā
koi kahe vasudeva ko nandana koi kahe nanda lālā
jamunā kināre kṛṣṇa kanhaiyā muralī madhura bajāwe
gwāla bāla sańga kānhā mākhana miśrī khāwe
arjuna kā ratha tumne hāńka bhārata bhāi laāḍāī
nām ko lekara bīṣa bhī pāgai dekho mīrābāī
jala meń gala ko grāha ne ghera jala meń cakra calāyā
jab jab bhīra paḍī bhaktana pāī nańge panvana dhāyā
ajāmīla ke anta samaya meń terā nām jab āyā
jama dūtoń se mukta karake apane dhām pathāyā
narasi ke saba kāja sudhāre mujhako mata bisarāwe
janama janama kā terā sārańga terā hī guṇa gāwe
Refrain: O pleaser of the senses of Radha! O protector of cows! Your name is very precious to us!
1) You are beautified by a peacock-feather crown, yellow garments, and multi-colored flower garland. Some people call You the son of Vasudeva, while other call You the song of Nanda Maharaja.
2) You, darling Krsna Kanhaiya, play sweet melodies on Your low-pitched murali flute while standing on the bank of the Yamuna River. O Kanha, You eat butter and sugar candy sweets in the company of Your cowherd boyfriends.
3) You drove Arjuna’s chariot and thus brought about the great battle of ancient India. When the female saint, Mira Bai, chanted Your name and drank the poison sent by her envious husband to kill her, the poison was turned into nectar.
4) When the elephant Gajendra was trapped by the crocodile in the lake, You threw Your Sudarsana Cakra into the water to save him. Whenever the devotees [like Draupadi] are afraid of being naked, then You come running and spread Your cloth to cover them.
5) When Ajamila was approaching his final moment, he remembers to utter Your name. Thus he was freed from the grasp of the Yamadutas and dispatched in the company of the Visnudutas to Your own transcendental abode.
6) You also fulfilled all the tasks undertaken by the saint Narasi Mehta. You are taking care of all these devotees – please do not forget me! May I remain absorbed birth after birth in Your affection while confidently singing Your glories.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009