Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Rupera Vairagya Kale
Official Name: None
Author: Radha Vallabha Dasa
Book Name: None
śrī rūpera vairāgya-kāle, sanātana bandīśāle
viṣāda bhāvaye mane mane
rūpere karunā kari, trāna koilā gaura hari
mo adhame nā koilo smarane
mora karma doṣā phānde, hate paye gole bāndhe
rākhiyāche kārāgāre pheli
ā;pana karuna phanse, dṛḍha bāndhī mora keṣe
carana nikate leha tuli
paścāte agādha jala, dui pāṣe dāvānala,
sammukhe sāndhilo vyādha bāṇa
kātare harinī dāke, padiyā viṣama pāke
tumi nātha more kara trāna
jagāi-mādhāi hele, vāsudeve ajāmile
anāyāse karilā uddhāra
karunā ābhāsa kori, sanātana padatari
deha yena ghoṣaye saḿsāra
e-duḥkha-samudra-ghore, nistāra karaha more
tomā vinā nāhi anya jana
hena-kāle anya jane, alakṣite sanātane
patra dilā rūpera likhana
rūpera likhana peye, mane ānandita hoye
sadākare gaurāńga dheyāna
e rādhā vallabha dāsa, mane hoilo abhilāṣa
patrī paḍi karilā gopana
1) When Sri Rupa Gosvami renounced the world, Sanatana was in prison. Greatly distressed, he thought within his mind:
2) “Gaura Hari has mercifully delivered Sri Rupa but He has neglected this fallen one.
3) “I am bound hands and neck by the sinful reactions of my previous karma, and this has locked me in this prison.
4) “With the rope of Your mercy, please firmly tie up my hair and drag me to Your lotus feet.
5) “Behind me is a sea of unlimited depth, on both sides is fire, and before me stands a hunter with his arrow aimed.
6) “In this way a she deer is entrapped in great danger and is crying in grief, ‘O Lord, please save me from this disaster.’
7) “You effortlessly liberated Jagai and Madhai just as Vasudeva liberated Ajamila.
8) “At least with a shadow of Your mercy give me the shelter of Your lotus feet, which are like a boat. The whole world will glorify Your merciful deeds.
9) “Kindly lift me out of this deep ocean of suffering. No one else can free me from this state.”
10) After receiving a confidential letter from his brother, Rupa Gosvami, Sri Sanatana thought like this.
11) He felt pleased within his heart and began to meditate on Lord Gauranga.
12) This Radha Vallabha Dasa says, “After reading Rupa's letter Sanatana felt pleased within his heart, but he kept the letter as a secret.”
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009