Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Srivasa Angane Vinoda Bandhane
Official Name: None
Author: Sankara Ghosa
Book Name: None
śrībāsa-ańgane binoda bandhāne
nāce nityānanda rāya
manuja daibata puruṣa yoṣita
sabā-i dekhite dhāya
bāje khola karatāla
mājhe unamata nitā-i nācata
bhā-iyāra bhābe mātoyāra
siḿha jini kaṭi-deśa
candra badana kamala-nayana
garaje puna puna lampha
malla-beśa dhari nāca-i
dharaṇī-maṇḍale premera bādara
nā jāne nara-nārī bhubana daśa-cāri
rūpa heri heri kānda
śāntipura-nātha garaje abirata
dekhiyā premera bikāra
dhariyā śrī-caraṇa karaye rodana
paṇḍita śrībāsa udāra
mukunda kutūhalī kāndaye phuli phuli
dhariyā gadādhara kora
nayane bahe prema ṭhākura abhirāma
saghane hari hari bola
nājāne dibā-niśi prema-rase bhāsi
sakala sahacara bṛnde
śańkara ghoṣa dāsa karata prati-āśa
1) In Srivasa's delightful courtyard Lord Nityananda Raya dances. Humans and demigods, men and women, everyone runs to see Him.
2) The circle of devotees sings auspicious songs. The karatalas and khols sound. In the midst of it all wild Lord Nitai dances. He is wild with ecstati spiritual love.
3) His graceful arms defeat the golden pillars. His slender waist defeats the lion's waist. His face is the moon. His eyes are lotus flowers. His features enchant even Kamadeva.
4) Again and again he roars. He leaps and leaps. He dances like a wrestler, like an athlete. From His reddish eyes tears rain on the circle of the earth.
5) Lord Nitai, the moon of avadhutas, showers tears of love on the circle of the earth. The men and women of the fourteen worlds do not understand Him. Gazing and gazing at His wonderful handsome form, they weep.
6) Seeing Lord Nitai's spiritual ecstasy, Lord Advaita, the master of Santipura, roars again and again. Noble Srivasa Pandita grasps Lord Nitai's feet and weeps.
7) Mukunda weeps for joy. Overcome, he embraces Gadadhara. Tears of spiritual love flow from Abhirama Thakura's eyes. He calls out, "Hari! Hari!"
8) Everyone floats in the nectar of ecstatic love. No one knows if it is day or night. Sankara Ghosa yearns to attain Lord Nitai's lotus feet.
This song was featured in Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakuras compilation, Sri Ksanada Gita Cintamani, Timsa Ksanada Paurnamasi (the 30th night, full moon), as the second song.
UPDATED: July 30, 2009