Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Srivasa Vacana Sravana Koriya
Official Name: Soka Satana Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
śrībāsa-bacana śrabaṇa koriyā
śoka parihari' mṛta śiśu rākhi'
hari-rase dilo mana
śrībāsa takhana ānande mātiyā
ańgane ailo punaḥ
nāce gorā-sane sakala pāsari'
cāri daṇḍa rātre mārilo kumāra
ańgane keho nā jāne
śrī-nāma-mańgale tṛtīya prahara
rajanī atīta gāne
kīrtana bhańgile kohe gaura-hari
āji keno pāi duḥkha
bujhi ei gṛhe kichu amańgala
ghaṭiyā harilo sukha
tabe bhakta-jana nibedana kore
śuni' gorā rāya bole hāya hāya
marame pāinu byathā
keno nā kohile āmāre takhana
snehete mājilo tabe
1) Hearing these words of Srivasa Pandita, all those chaste and faithful ladies gave up their lamentation for the dead son, because Srivasa had satisfied their minds by informing them of the transcendental mellows of Lord Hari.
2) Then Srivasa again came out into the courtyard and, overwhelmed with joy, resumed dancing with Lord Caitanya and loudly sang the glories of the Son of Nanda Maharaja, completely forgetting about what had just happened.
3) The boy had expired only 1 – ½ hours after dark, but out in the courtyard no one had known anything due to the loud kirtana. Then for 9 hours there was continuous chanting of the auspicious holy names. Thus the entire night had elapsed in this ecstatic singing.
4) Then the kirtana stopped, and Lord Gaurahari said, "Why am I feeling some unhappiness today? I can understand that something inauspicious has happened in this house which has robbed Me of My bliss."
5) Then the devotees related to the Lord the story of the death of Srivasa's son. Hearing this news, the Lord loudly exclaimed, "Oh no! What has happened? Now the core of My heart has become pierced with so much unbearable pain!"
6) "Why didn't you inform Me of this calamity when it had just happened?" Now, Bhaktivinoda has completely lost himself in the affection that he Lords shows to His own devotees.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009