Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Srivaser Prati Caitanya Prasada
Official Name: Soka Satana Song 11
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
śrībāsera prati caitanya-prasāda
dekhiyā sakala jana
jaya śrī-caitanya jaya nityānanda
boli' nāce ghana
śrībāsa-mandire ki bhāba uṭhilo
tāhā ki barṇaṇa hoya
bhāba-yuddha sane ānanda-krandana
cāri bhāi paḍi' prabhura caraṇe
preme gadagada sware
kāndiyā kāndiyā kākuti koriyā
gaḍi' jāya prema-bhare
ohe prāṇeśwara e heno bipada
prati-dina jeno hoya
jāhāte tomāra caraṇa-jugale
āsakti bāḍhite roya
bipada-sampade sei dina bhalo
je dina tomāre smari
tomāra smaraṇa rohita je dina
se dina bipada hari
śrībāsa-goṣṭhira caraṇe padiyā
tomādera gorā kṛpā bitariyā
dekhāo durgata jane
1) Seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu shows such favorable grace to Srivasa Pandita, all the devotees present there began to dance ecstatically, and they repeatedly shouted, "Jaya Sri Caitanya! Jaya Nityananda!" with resounding voices.
2) It is simply not possible to describe the ecstatic mood that arose in Srivasa's house at that time, indeed, it was just like a great war of transcendental emotions was taking place within the battlefield of tears of joy, all arising due to ecstatic love for Krsna.
3) Then the four brothers of the dead boy came over and fell down at Lord Caitanya's lotus feet and began weeping and wailing with piteous voices choked with ecstatic love. Then they began rolling on the ground, overflowing with pure love while humbly petitioning the Lord as follows.
4) They said, "Oh Lord of our lives! If calamities like this would happen every day, then that would only increase our deep loving attachment to Your lotus feet!"
5) "This calamity of losing our brother today is actually our great fortune, for on this day we are remembering Your Lordship. If, on some other day, we are bereft of Your remembrance, then that day is actually the real calamity for us, oh Lord."
6) Falling down at the feet of Srivasa Pandita's entire family, Bhaktivinoda thus narrates how their Lord Gaurasundara is bestowing His causeless mercy upon all distressed souls.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009