Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Subha Ksane Sacira Nandana
Official Name: None
Author: Ghanasyama Dasa
Book Name: None
subha-ksane sacira nandana
yajna-sutra karaye dharana
jagannatha misrera bhabane
baje badya mangala bidhane
nari-gane de-i yajakara
bhata-gane pade kayabara
yajna-sutra upama ki ane
suksma-rupe ananta apane
kesa-hina mastaka madhuri
kare ba na kare cita curi
rakta-basa paridheya bhalo
rure dasa-disa kare alo
catur-dike brahmana samaja
tara majhe gora dwija-raja
hate dibya danda-jhuli kandhe
ta dekhi dhairaja keba bandhe
bamana abesa besa sohe
bhangite bhubana-mana mohe
hasi madu su-madhura bhare
bhiksa mage bhakatera pase
sabe cahe prana bhiksa dite
ye de-i taha na bhaya cite
deba-nari manure nisa-i
bhiksa dena canda-mukha ca-i
keba ba na nichaye jibana
jaya-dhwani kare sarba-jana
bhane ghanasyama misralaye
sukhera samudra uthalaye
(Refrain) At an auspicious moment Saci's son accepts the sacred thread.
1) In Jagannatha Misra's house auspicious instrumental-music plays.
2) The ladies have come for the ritual. The poets recite many poems.
3) What other sacred thread is like this one? This sacred thread is Lord Ananta Himself manifest in a very slender form.
4) His head now free of hair, the Lord's face is sweet and charming. Does He or does He not rob everyone's heart?
5) He wears saffron garments. He fills the ten directions with light.
6) On four sides is the assembly of brahmanas. In the center is Lord Gaura, the king of brahmanas.
7) In His hand and on His shoulder are a brahmacari-danda and a jhuli alms-bag. Seeing Him, who can remain peaceful and indifferent?
8) He is glorious like Lord Vamana Himself. His every gesture charms the hearts of all the worlds.
9) Gently smiling, He speaks sweet words. Approaching the devotees, He begs alms.
10) Everyone gazes at Him. In their hearts they give their life's breath to Him as alms. No fear in their hearts, they offer alms to Him.
11) Infiltrating the crowd of human ladies, the demigoddesses gaze at Lord Gaura's moonlike face. They also offer alms to Him.
12) Who does not worship Lord Gaura, dedicating his whole life to Him? Everyone calls out, “Jaya!"
13) Ghanasyama says: An ocean of bliss now floods Jagannatha Misra's house.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009