Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sukhera Lagiya Ei Ghara Badhinu
Official Name: None
Author: Candi Dasa
Book Name: None
sukhera lāgiyā, ei ghara bādhinu, āgune puḍiyā
amiyā sāgare, sināna karite, sakali garala bhela
sakhi! ki mora kapāle lekhi
śītala baliyā, cāda sevinu, bhānura kiraṇa dekhi
ucala baliyā, acale caḍinu, paḍinu agādha-jale
lachamī cāhite, dāridrya beḍhala, māṇika hārānu hele
nagara basālāma, sāgara bādhilāma, māṇika pābāra āśe
sāgara śukāla, māṇika lukāla, abhāgī-karama-doṣe
piyāsa lāgiyā, jalada sevinu, vajara paḍiyā
kahe caṇḍīdāsa, śyāmera pirīti, marame rahala śela
1) Aho! In the hope of finding happiness, I labored hard to build a house, but fire came and it was burned up. I swam in the ocean of nectar, but that nectar turned out to be poison.
2) O my dear friend, how unfortunate I am! Knowing that moonbeams are very cooling, I went to take shelter of the moon to cool off my burning body, but those rays turned into hot sunrays which scorched me instead.
3) Knowing the height of a mountain, I climbed to the peak and then fell into the deep ocean. I want money but I am always surrounded by poverty. A very valuable touch-stone came in my hand but at once I lost it.
4) I built a city on the shore of the ocean and made a dam to move the ocean in the hope of finding gemstones on the ocean bed, but due to the fault of my own ill fortune, the gemstones also hid themselves.
5) When I was thirsty, I took shelter of a cloud (but rain did not come). Instead, a thunder-bolt struck my head. The poet Sri Candidasa laments, “That I have no affection for the lotus feet of Sri Syamasundara is the only sorrow in my heart. (My love for Syama is like a trident piercing my heart.)”
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009