Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Suna Gopi Hari Kau Sandesa
Official Name: None
Author: Sura Dasa
Book Name: Bhramargita
Language: Braja Bhasa
suna gopī hari kau sandesa
sari samādhi antaragati citavau
prabhu kau yaha upadesa
ve avigata avināsī pūrana
ghaṭa ghaṭa rahe samāya
tihi niscaya kai dhyāvahu
aise sucita kamala mana lāy
yaha upāya kari biraha tajaugi
milai brahma tava āya
tattva jñāna bina mukti na hoī
sunata sandesa dusaha mādhava ke
sūra biraha kī kauna chalāvai
naina ḍharata ati pane
(Refrain) Listen, gopis, to Hari’s message!
1) Meditate on Him, as He rests in all places: this is the eternal lesson of the Lord.
2) He is unknowable, eternal, all-pervading and dwells in each person.
3) Fix your mind on Him resolutely and bring the lotus feet of Krsna into your heart.
4) By this means, you will lose your lovesickness and find devotion and union to the Supreme Lord.
5) There is no salvation without true spiritual knowledge, as the scriptures have declared this.
6) Hearing Madhava’s unbearable message, the gopis were greatly distressed.
7) Sura Dasa says, “Who can speak of their lovesick pangs of separation as tears flow freely from their eyes?”
This song is rendered in Raga Madhuvanti.
UPDATED: July 10, 2009