Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Suno Mor Duhkher Kahini
Official Name: Dainya Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
(prabhu he!) śuno mor duḥkher kāhinī
viṣaya-halāhala, sudhā-bhāne piyaluń,
āb avasāna dinamaṇi
khelā-rase śaiśava, poḍhaite kaiśora,
gowāoluń, nā bhelo vivek
bhoga-baśe yauvane, ghara pāti’ bosiluń,
suta-mita bāḍhalo anek
vṛddha-kāla āolo, saba sukha bhāgalo,
pīḍā-baśe hoinu kātar
sarvendriya durbala, kṣīna kalevara,
bhogābhāve duḥkhita antar
jńāna-lava-hīna, bhakti-rase vańchita,
āra mora ki habe upāy
patita-bandhu, tuhuń, patitādhama hāma,
kṛpāya uṭhāo tava pāy
vicārite ābahi, guna nāhi pāobi,
kṛpā koro, choḍato vicār
tava pada-pańkaja- sīdhu pibāoto,
bhakativinoda karo pār
1) Hear, O Lord, my story of sadness. I drank the deadly poison of worldliness, pretending it was nectar, and now the sun is setting on the horizon of my life.
2) I spent my childhood in play, my youth in academic pursuit, and in me there was no sense of right or wrong. In young manhood I set up a household and settled down to the spell of material enjoyment. Children and friends quickly multiplied.
3) Soon old age arrived, and all happiness departed. Subjected to disease, troubled and weak, all my senses are feeble now, my body racked and exhausted, and my spirits downcast in the absence of youthful pleasures.
4) Devoid of even a particle of devotion, lacking any enlightenment — what help is there for me now? Only You, O Lord, friend of the fallen. I am certainly fallen, the lowest of men. Please, therefore lift me to Your lotus feet.
5) Were You to judge me now, You would find no good qualities. Have mercy and judge me not. Cause me to drink the honey of Your lotus feet and thereby deliver this Bhaktivinoda.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 4, 2017